What's new
What's new

Toyoda MTB Machine state variables

huskermcdoogle

Stainless
So I am back to a problem I have had in the past. I need to check what tool is currently in spindle and what tool is currently in the ready pot. Does anyone know if there is a set of MTB specific variable #'s on some old Toyoda FA-550's with 15m controls?

Using #4120 is basically worthless, the operator's end up circumventing that logic. I have a temporary solution, but is not 100% fool proof. Seeing the the first mistake is to underestimate the pure ingenuity of a complete fool. Regardless there would be no issues if I could read the current tools. I figured out how to read which pallet is in the machine happened to be #1019 1 for a and 0 for b.

Any help would be appreciated. Scott, if you could bounce this to one of your west coast guys that would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Husker

I have done this in a toolchange macro before...just added the line

#550=#4120

Or if the machine does not use a macro for a toolchange you can set up in the parameters to run a macro anytime a M6 is called up.

This sets #550 to your tool in the spindle. #4120 will wind up being the next tool called up...a preselect I assume. What are you trying to accomplish with this?

The problem is that these don't always work. For in spindle, yeah you could have it work any time. But for the prestaged tool it isn't the case. My problem is in relation to the prestaged tool, and the spindle tool. In combination. If these variables existed, say such as the pallet variable. Then all of my problems go away.

Husker

I've been following thses discussions...
Trying to find out What tool is in the spindle on a Robodrill.
If the first thing you do does not involve a tool change, then it doesn't initiate the variable to the tool that is already in the spindle, on power up.

The control DOES know what tool is in there! But I can't find out how to find out, for use in a macro... Must be Top Secret.. I don't know.

The varibles do not reflect the tool number under all conditions.
Looking forward to an answer.

have you tried #4320 or #4520?

#4120=(T#) previous block
#4320=(T#)current block
#4520=(T#)interupted block

huskermcdoogle,
Which 15 control is on your Toyoda FA550 - 15MA or 15MB? Do you have the machine S/N from the name plate?

The tool in the spindle/ready arm variable is #1033. Your machine may have macros written already to do the math and determine which tool is next and which tool is in the spindle. I say this because the #1033 variable contains both of these pieces of information. Just call T1, do an M06, then call T2. Type in #1=#1033; run this and you’ll see what I mean. #1 will contain the data for both the tool in the spindle and the tool in the ready arm. You can then check variable #1 under the macro variable settings screen. You can read this data every time you run a the tool change macro, or create a T-call macro which will figure this out each time you call a T.

Back