What's new
What's new

Yaskawa servos

Curt B

Cast Iron
Our old Toyoda VMC was equipped with a Yasnac 3000 control and the above servos and one has packed it in. Am I SOL for finding one on a retired machine somewhere? Any suggestions for a retrofit if it can't be fixed?

You can try and call Toyoda in Chicago I know they have been taking in older machines and rebuilding them for resale. It's possible they may have one or will be able to assist you in locating a replacement. Good Luck.

How about E-bay? Lots of Yaskawa items there. You could call Yaskawa, but I have found them to be rather useless, I have a Yasnac controller, wish I had bought a Fanuc!

Thanks for the replies. E bay had a few drives but I should have specified it was the motor that was cooked and being 1984 equipment Yaskawa did'nt have parts. Good news is someone with talent has investigated and will build a new armature for it and have it good to go for next week. Unbelievable service life out of this odd stuff. This old Toyoda VMC has a meter of Y travel and a tall Z bridge which is not so easy to find in a replacement machine and may eventually warrant a retrofit. Thanks again.

How about E-bay? Lots of Yaskawa items there.
The problem is there are soooooo many different types of yaskawa servo drives, the right one almost never pops up in the available items.
Does the man with talent that refurnbishes the yaskawa have a website ? I might need it someday

Back