What's new
What's new

OT: Omron controler issues

bigearl67

Hot Rolled
I'm having issues with a NOS Omron E5AX tempature controler. The only manual I can find is written in Jap. When set to run from room temp to 2300 degrees the counter starts at room temp and counts DOWN.I have a cycle running now and it's at minus 188 degrees. Eventualy I get a sensor error and it kicks out. Possibly set for the wrong type probe but I dont know how to check it. Anyone have any ideas? Earl.

Omron E5AX controller

I found a link to one manual: http://www.embeddedrf.com/Refractor...E5AX_Files/Omron_E5AX_Manuals/E5AX_Manual.pdf

p. 17 shows the sensor types. I'd bet the controller is set to a thermocouple of some type and the sensor has the two wires swapped giving a reversed polarity and subsequent wrong-headed reading. Try matching the switch setting to the sensor type and reversing the connection to the sensor.

Cheers,

Duane

Hi Earl:

The thermocouple wires are almost certainly reversed, I've done that.
Here is a table you can use to determine which thermocouple type you have. I'm not sure that it's an absolute standard but it's a good start.

Thanks guys, the thermocouple is just two wires with a different metal fused at the end, not possibly directional. Well, it was. Never though it would be like that but I swapped the connections and it went from minus 378 to positive 1200 (my current furnace temp) and I stopped getting sensor faults. Thanks again, Earl.

YouTube - 101 0037

Back