What's new
What's new

American RPC

cob

Aluminum
Is there someone who has bought a American RPC (15hp)
How did you wired it?
What size of wire did u use?
Just trying to wire 1 machine 7.5hp lathe cnc

I have had an American RPC for about 10 years. Use and do what they say in their paperwork. They are great people to deal with,I have recomended them to two friends who bought from them and are happy. If you have questions about anything to do with an American RPC they will sort you out.

So I was thinking of adding a disconnect switch right after the single phase breaker. (60amp)
What do u guys think?
also I am using #6 wire is that ok? image.jpg

So I was thinking of adding a disconnect switch right after the single phase breaker. (60amp)
What do u guys think?
also I am using #6 wire is that ok? View attachment 170228

Does it say #6 is the correct size in the instructions? Why does it matter what we think? Do what the instructions say. What is the disconnect for? The 220v single phase breaker feeds my RPC, the RPC feeds my 3 phase breaker panel. Each machine is wired to its own breaker.

I don't have a 3 phase breaker panel
For know I am only wiring 1 machine just going from single phase to disconect then to RPC panel then to the idler then from the panel I will just add a 30 amp outlet.
Your thoughts?
Just wanted to how other people wired there's

Hi

I have a 10HP unit that I put in last summer, American helped out explaining the unit and its specs. Their charts and calculations helped a lot. They will go out of their way to help, but they cannot tell you how to wire it - liability issues as well as local code issue in your area. If you are not comfortable with the info they provide in the manual you got or with additional explanation from American I would recommend you hire an industrial electrician.

You do not want to mess up your equipment or have an insurance issue down the line.

Bob

Take you multimeter and measure the AC volts between the red to black, red to white, black to white when the RPC is running the lathe.
The red to black volts is your supply. What I want to see is the reading on the red to white and the black to white. In a ideal situation
the three readings should be equal. The red/black/white wires I am referring to are connected to your outlet on the wall.

Last edited:
I will second what has already been mentioned, American RPC puts forth a very nice product (Running 2 right now for 9 years) and great customer service to back it up. Any questions just call them up and follow their advise.

Back