What's new
What's new

Connectors mounted on RPC box

rons

Diamond
Is this Woodhead 67W81 outlet suitable for connecting the output of a RPC idler to a tool with a 5Hp motor, 1 Hp motor? It is specified as NEMA L21-20R 20A 120/208V.GRND. Four pole five wire. It would mean that I leave the system ground lug unconnected.

41V2lGBQB8L.jpg

The price on these thing appears to vary quite a bit, $16 on Amazon and over $100 elsewhere.

I also have some Hubbell 20A 250Vn 3 phase wire connectors that are NEMA L15-20R that are male and female. But that would mean a drop wire from the RPC box to a female connector. The drop is a short cable like 1 or 2 feet.

I sort of like the Woodhead outlet.

You might also consider a flanged outlet.

Satellite;jsessionid=iVBl9uNthxntTFun2qOxZ3gN_yL5M8kWhqtVh5rMPwI2C_nc2Q-E!-376200544!-1423831522

See your other thread about the rating.

SAF Ω

Use a 5 wire connector only if you need the neutral at the load. Otherwise you'd be wasting your money. My personal preference is for a short pigtail coming out of the
box, via a strain relief connector, going to a cord-mounted connector. This way you get a smooth transition to a downward pointing cord. Other option is a box mounted
connector put on the bottom of the box.

Use a 5 wire connector only if you need the neutral at the load. Otherwise you'd be wasting your money. My personal preference is for a short pigtail coming out of the
box, via a strain relief connector, going to a cord-mounted connector. This way you get a smooth transition to a downward pointing cord. Other option is a box mounted
connector put on the bottom of the box.

I already wasted my money years ago ($10 a piece LOL), I have two Woodheads in stock. They are wondering why I have never used them.

Back