What's new
What's new

Help with Linde 305 Tig

Jon64l

Plastic
Hello,

Up until a hour ago I had a working green machine. Ive ran it for about five years. I started to help a friend with a painted billet grill that needed an aluminum weld. Basically I don't think it had a good enough ground and the machine stopped working barley after starting the arc. I know, my fault.

I have NO Output in tig or stick.

How can I move forward with a repair? Machine turns on and "idles" just fine. I have the cover off and see no physical issues. Pedal seems to work, as it triggers the HF (gapped to .008") and I get a few small strands of electricity jumping the gap between tungsten and work piece. It's probably the board or a capacitor, but I dont know how to tell. Is there a common "fuse" that will blow if too much feed back? I see no burned or damaged solder connections, everything looks fine, just dusty.

I've looked around a little online so far, but nothing totally related. Ive also read of two shops in Cali that may be able to help if it is the board. That could take weeks or even longer. What can I do in the meantime?

Any thoughts or info will be much appreciated!

Have a good weekend,
Jon

I once had a similar problem. Check to make sure that your pedal is actually working the reostat in the foot pedal box. There is a switch to activate the high freq that kicks in first. I chased it for a couple of weeks, took ten minutes to fix.

Thank you for the quick reply. I just opened the pedal case. 3 wires on Reostat. White, black, green. Wt to Gn meter shows 1.5v, small drop during sweep. Blk to Gn starts at 0 and sweeps to 1.5. Seems to work.

Any other thoughts?

Back