What's new
What's new

Free: 208-600 V 10kVA 3-phase autotransformer in pristine condition

rklopp

Diamond
I have a 3-phase 10-kVA Marcus open delta autotransformer that came with my Aciera F5 mill from Canada. It is 208-600V, and the ratios are accurate - I checked. However, there are no adjustment taps plus or minus. It has only ever been used to demo the Aciera at the seller's facility. The knockouts are still intact.

I am giving it away because of the limited market, and I don't want to deal with shipping. You have to come get it. It weighs 85 lbs.

Marcus 1.jpgMarcus 2.jpgMarcus 3.jpgMarcus 4.jpgMarcus 5.jpg

I'd claim it, and even at 85lbs, I'd figure out a way to get it into the back of my company pickup on my next assignment, but I can't even BEGIN to guess when the company would have me within a half-day's drive of Redwood City.... (sigh)

The business I mentioned is Groeger Special Tooling, 1600 Bay St., off Woodside Rd.

One Bay St. I found a welding supply and tank exchange service.

Went to Alan Steel. Outside is about the same. The inside is a little cleaner.

Thanks.

The transformer uses 1/3 less copper/iron. Less material, less weight, less heat. Smart, maybe. What do you think Dave?

It's called 'open delta' configuration- you only need two windings to identify three phases... because there's an inherent 120 degree phase shift across the 'open' side. At 600v secondary, it doesn't take much current to cover 10kva, so it's smart design to do it with just two windings in open delta.

Didj'a get it, Ron? I don't have anybody out there that could snag it for me, but it sure doesn't need to go to scrap... it's perfect for what it was built for- running 600v machines on 208v... a 575v machine will run nicely off it...

Didj'a get it, Ron? I don't have anybody out there that could snag it for me, but it sure doesn't need to go to scrap... it's perfect for what it was built for- running 600v machines on 208v... a 575v machine will run nicely off it...

I got it from Richard. I have not figured out what I'm going to do with it. A Scott connection?

Back