What's new
What's new

Industrimaskiner Connect to VFD 380v 2 speed 6 leads.

Primogen

Plastic
Hi, looking for some help regarding a pedestal drill head I picked up as scrap, I have a project in mind for it and would like to get it running.
Gearing is good just need to replace some bearings.

The machine in question is an Industrimaskiner (AB Stockholm) Type A59.

I would like to know if a can possible connect this to a single phase 240v to three phase 240v VFD.

I have tried to some research in regards to it but have not had much luck.
The info i have found usually relates to Arborgas that state 415v on the tags and these are not easily to run on a VFD if possible at all.

My tag however states the voltage at 380v so I am a little hopeful I can still connect it to a VFD.

I cannot replace the motor as it part of the head casting, rewinding is an option but I would rather not do so if possible.

Attached image of tag.
1483971422433-84636663_zpsfau0l65t.jpg

It may run on 240V, but will be weak.

Better to run it on the 380V, which a 415V VFD will supply, if you have the 415V available. You can just put in 380V for the "motor rated voltage" and 50 Hz for the "motor frequency". The VFD will control the effective voltage on the motor so it is 380V max.

This is apparently a 2 speed motor. The VFD usually does not like the speed setting to be changed, so it would be best to set it to 2800 rpm and control speed with the VFD. You will not quite get the 1 HP at 1400 rpm, but you should get 3/4 HP.

Its a 2 speed single voltage So normally you find only 6 leads
However.................
Because Norway was a decent customer for Swedisch machines and Norway has 220v 3 phases the Arboga machines were dual voltage dual speed sometimes
But not on the tag
Look for the # of leads that come out of the motor
If 6 its single voltage
If 12 its dual voltage

Peter

Thanks for the replies guys.

It definitely has six leads only from the motor, I pulled the stator out to clean it up and make sure.

I already have a 240V VFD not in use so will try it and see if I get the power I want, if not will look into 415V version.

Thx

Thanks for the replies guys.

It definitely has six leads only from the motor, I pulled the stator out to clean it up and make sure.

I already have a 240V VFD not in use so will try it and see if I get the power I want, if not will look into 415V version.

Thx

From what little I know of it, SA is the most heavily industrialised entity on the entire continent of Africa, so.... while not in as 'rich' an area as Europe or North America as far as sources of goods go, you SHOULD be able to find VFD's built to operate clear up to 480 VAC in & out.

I have such - a 'veteran' 10 HP Schneider Altivar 71 out of their Indonesian factory, minimum input 320 VAC. They - and several competitors - are 'out HERE". They may not be as common 'out THERE', but something of that general tribe - with a transformer, if need be - is worth seeking so you don't have to operate in as marginal a range. More especially if you also have to operate it de-rated for single-phase -something I'd not be at all keen to do with only 240 VAC of the needed 320.

Be grateful it is a small motor, but all the more reason to give it all it can safely eat,.

Bill

Back