What's new
What's new

VFD FAQ sticky???

JunkyardJ

Titanium
I've been thinking about it, and I think it would be a good idea to do a VFD FAQ sticky. Obviously this will address the FAQs about VFDs, as well as be a general how to guide with schematics, parts sources, and make it convenient. So, what do you think? It might help to keep people from asking the same questions all the time. :cheers:

Makes sense.......

If the content is forthcoming, I'll figure out how to get it done.

I'll be HAPPY to help.

Not that I mind being PMed to help with VFD stuff, but it DOES seem that IF there was a sticky thread to point to, when I get a PM, it would be a LOT easier to point them in the right direction. It might actually cut down on the redundant questions too. If I can make a real contribution to this, I'll be MORE than willing. So, how does this kind of thing work, I know we need a collection of info, but HOW?? :cheers:

I wrote a VFD FAQ sometime ago and it is not complete. I have not had the time to complete it. I think I cover 20 questions and concerns. If someone were to collect the questions, I will see which ones I have not covered already, add them, and publish the results. If someone wants the job of writing a whole new one, then go for it.

Pierce, did you ever publish your FAQ?

If so, could you dig it up? If not, how would it be most convenient to deliver it? No sense in doing it twice, I'd like to see what you've written and possibly help complete it. After I see what questions you've covered, I can help figure out which ones need to be addressed. :cheers:

I think a VSD FAQ is a great idea.
I would be pleased to pass on information or application data to help with the many questions on applying VSD's to machinery or plant.
Yes I am from Australia and we operate on different voltages to the States but the theory of motor starting is the same.

Regards,
Keith.

Back