What's new
What's new

Milltronics ML20 on Rotary Phase Converter - Wiring Details and Transformer Warning

Kevin101

Plastic
I got a 30 hp American Rotary phase converter to run a Milltronics ML20 with a 15 hp spindle. The phase converter is up and running, but I've been staring at a warning slip in the cabinet. I think it only applies to isolating transformers, so I don't think it affects me. Anybody with more experience know? Milltronics sent the excerpt below on incoming power since my full manual hasn't arrived yet. If I understand that right, I just pin the manufactured leg to L2 (out of L1, L2, L3) in the lathe's cabinet. Does it matter what legs go to the other two? Swap legs if the lathe turns reverse the intended? Is there anything more to it? If not, it's ready to go power on.

Thanks - Kevin

IncomingPower.jpg
IMG_2380.jpg
IMG_2382.jpg

My ML20 has a manual gear change. Just a lever to tug on.

That makes sense. That's what I understood on mine. There was a blurb on air actuated switching in the ML22 manual I think. It looks like the air lines on my machine are dead ends now. It looks like the Dorian turret that was on it two owners ago was air actuated. There's still an air tap to a sensor in the control cabinet, maybe a safety for the turret, but nothing else active.

That makes sense. That's what I understood on mine. There was a blurb on air actuated switching in the ML22 manual I think. It looks like the air lines on my machine are dead ends now. It looks like the Dorian turret that was on it two owners ago was air actuated. There's still an air tap to a sensor in the control cabinet, maybe a safety for the turret, but nothing else active.

No turret? Manual tool change? That sucks, its like mine!

How to correctly turn off the ML20?

No turret? Manual tool change? That sucks, its like mine!

Hey Moonlight, I had a follow-up question this morning. The ML20 is power-on, homed, and follows manual control nicely. Are there any power-off procedures? I don't see any in the manual. I'm guessing going to home screen, emergency stop, and kill the machine power?

IMG_2438.jpg

Back