What's new
What's new

Hitachi SJ200 - 015NFU2 operating backwards?

Highpower

Aluminum
OK, what could I possibly have wrong? :willy_nilly:

Trying to set up this VFD and noticed a few things work backwards from what is printed in the manual. When accessing the monitor/program menu the up and down arrows scroll though the menu in the opposite order? I didn't think too much about it at first.

Then I noticed that when I set up parameters for second motor data (SET 08) that the output on the intelligent terminal also works backwards. The manual shows that when option code 08 is ON, the inverter uses 2nd motor parameters. When it is OFF, it uses 1st (main) motor parameters. But I get just the opposite. :crazy:

I checked the input terminal status with D005, and with voltage applied to the terminal (the DIP switch is set to sourcing inputs, unless that is working backwards as well...) the indicator shows the correct terminal operation, ON. Yet it is using the main motor parameters until I turn it OFF.

What the heck is going on?

Last edited:
Never mind. I found it.

Unlike terminals 1,2 or 3, the #4 intelligent terminal I am using defaults to a normally closed switch instead of normally open like the others. :angry:

Changed C014 to normally open and it's right side up again. :rolleyes5:

Yep, me too.
Well, thanks for the moral support anyway. :cheers:

I still don't understand the need for assigning misc parameters out of the blue when you have 29 available options. :nutter:

I guess a footnote at the bottom of the page would have been too much to ask for and blown the printing budget. ;)

Oh well. Another learning experience. lol.

Back