What's new
What's new

WNY Supply - Fed Up and Need Help

MattHutchinson

Plastic
Ok, so here's the deal. I just had a rather bad experience with WNY Supply. For those of you who are thinking about purchasing from WNY, here's what happened to me.

1. Ordered Panel FEB 24. Payment was immediately taken from by bank account. Speedy delivery was expected.

2. Called a couple weeks later. (THANK YOU whoever posted his number!) Was told he was waiting on a part, would ship the following Monday. Whether or not this was a lie, dunno. But it definitely didn't ship the following Monday, or week for that matter. In fact, if I hadn't called him he probably wouldn't have ever contacted me to let me know the situation.

3. That next week, I got a tracking number. Invalid. Had to wait over the weekend, but called and asked for the right one. Got it, yet no tracking information was available. And again I wasn't informed of any delay.

4. Called again MARCH 20, asked why there is STILL no tracking info. At this point, I was told a blatent lie. He said it had shipped Monday of that week (not the same Monday as mentioned before). He said he would call the UPS Store to find out where is was, and contact me once it got sorted out. Got a call a few hours later, said there would now be tracking information. What he actually had done was run to drop it off! So there is was, plain as day, the date and time of drop off listed. SURE, the package had been sent Monday.........

5. It actually arrived in one piece this week. Missing a couple screws, and looking a little cobbled together, but together. No instructions, which I definitely need.

So, since he doesn't seem to want to respond to the e-mail I sent him, can anyone help me with the proper wiring needed to get this thing up and running? Thanks.

Hutch

The continuation....

He gave me a call today to confirm the proper wiring. It seemed kinda self-evident by the labels, but I am not too savvy when it comes to electrical. So now I know.

Hutch

P.S. I had gone to the website to look for instructions, but didn't know to look under the 'kit diagram'. Had been looking under other headings.

Basically had the same experience. 10HP gold panel. Several weeks to ship. Finally did get shipping info though. Good thing too. He completely butchered the address (automated data field from who knows where) to the point DHL was going to ship the item back to him. Good thing I called DHL to see if they got it.

Also didn't have enough start caps and no bleed resistors on the start caps. No install info either.
This site rocks though. Got a lot of info here in the RPF/VFD forum and got it up and running.

If you want to see something curious...google his address and look a the satellite image.

The next RPC I build will be homegrown with info from this site.

I got mine pretty fast but one of the switch's were bad. I called him and he was putting on in the mail that day. I went to the electrical supply a got another one and put it in....Good thing I did cause the mail never got here....

I order a 25 HP Gold Series in Dec 08, sent the check on 24 Dec. Was told it was shipped by UPS on 1/20/09, but UPS said the only thing they had done was issue a tracking # and had not been called to pick it up.

Waited about 4 weeks then called on 3/2/09 and was told that they (WNY) were going to file a claim with UPS, and would ship me another one on 3/3/0.

Did not receive it, and called again on 3/17/09 and was told he was waiting on a part that would be in 3/19/09, and that I would have it the week of 3/23/09.

Guess what, last week came and went and I didn't get it. I came to this site to find his phone number so I can call him.

I want my money back, or the panel I order. If I don't have it this week I going to the Better Business Bureau in FL and NY.

What furstrates me, is that I have bent over backwards to give him the benefit of doubt due to his hip replacement surgery. Not any more!!!!

Tommy

Another update in this saga:

Got a message from WNY last night saying the panel was finished and it would be here this week............ we shall see.

Tommy

I am in the same boat. I ordered a panel in the middle of February and it still hasn't been shipped. Has anyone gotten anything from WNY recently? Are there any options at all for dealing with this situation?

i ordered a panel from him too,paid for it,and then found these posts. Im not a rich guy,i cant afford to give money to family,much less strangers. i ordered my panel on 7-24. on 8-03 i recieved a USPS tracking number.. i signed up for e-mail updates from USPS and today i got an e-mail saying my package is in my post office. what i get and how good it is is the question. I too gave the guy the benefit of the doubt but how hard is it to respond to an e-mail? he does need a lesson in customer service.

That is funny, never thought an electrical company would have a corn field as an address:D

5888 Walmore Rd, Sanborn, NY

---------------
Barry Milton

This isn't really a fair assessment of any sign of character or misdirection on his part. My address, if entered on googlemaps or mapquest, shows me living in someone's front yard on a street that doesn't exist.

I'm not defending him or his service, even though I ordered from him. 6 weeks for delivery and I'm satisfied with the product, but saying his address is misleading or trusting internet maps for 100% fact is ridiculous.

Funny though, that's for sure.

Hip replacement my ass. His tactics haven't changed in four years. I had the same infuriating lack of communication, lies about shipping times, bogus tracking numbers, wrong address to my locale, and the parts I did get were an absolute joke. I supposedly bought the components for a 20hp converter. Wire in the kit was #10, contactors were 30amp air conditioner components, potential relay was 30amp, terminals were for #10 wire, WAAAYY to few caps for 20hp and all under-rated.... It made a pretty decent 5hp converter, but not what I paid for. There is NO WAY these components could have made a safe or even servicable 20hp converter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back