What's new
What's new

Opinions on Teco VFD for 1-3 phase 3hp motor

Optiofab

Plastic
I recently posted a thread (don't know if you've seen it) inquiring about the suitability of the exact same VFD for my lathe. The consensus seems to be that it will work fine, as long as you don't need the braking resistor feature, which this unit apparently does not have.

Mike

I recently posted a thread (don't know if you've seen it) inquiring about the suitability of the exact same VFD for my lathe. The consensus seems to be that it will work fine, as long as you don't need the braking resistor feature, which this unit apparently does not have.

Mike

I just found your thread, odd it did not come up when i searched for the VFD part number. Did you decide to go with this drive? It seems like a good value for a vector sensorless drive. The next step up would be the Hitachi WJ200 series I am looking at or the GS2 series from automation direct, though I cant seem to find out if the GS2 is a sensorless drive or not.

I'm also looking into this drive as an option. seems to have most of the features im looking for and has the brake resistor Buy I51AE222B1111S - 3 HP Lenze AC Tech i5 VFD Its pretty new I guess though, so not a lot of user opinions I can find online. Would love to hear any experience with Lenze Tech VFDs.

I just found your thread, odd it did not come up when i searched for the VFD part number. Did you decide to go with this drive? It seems like a good value for a vector sensorless drive. The next step up would be the Hitachi WJ200 series I am looking at or the GS2 series from automation direct, though I cant seem to find out if the GS2 is a sensorless drive or not.

I'm also looking into this drive as an option. seems to have most of the features im looking for and has the brake resistor Buy I51AE222B1111S - 3 HP Lenze AC Tech i5 VFD Its pretty new I guess though, so not a lot of user opinions I can find online. Would love to hear any experience with Lenze Tech VFDs.

Here's a video of the installation of a Lenze VFD for a lathe >>> South Bend Lathe 3 Phase Motor & VFD Installation Part 2 - YouTube.
--Mike

The GS2 is not sensorless vector as best I can tell.
I have used the Hitachi WJ200 on Bridgeport mills and they work great but are a little hard to program.
I have also used AC Tech vfds with good results.
Since you want a sensorless vector drive with a braking resistor, I guess you plan to tap with the mill.if this is the case i would opt for the Hitachi WJ200 due to the extensive parameters you can program and it contains a brake chopper ready for you to add a resister.
I do not know what the AC Tech drive can do since I have not used that model.
Be aware that you can not use the manual brake if you set a deceleration time.
Bruce

Back