What's new
What's new

OT 3ph WinPower 5kw generator

CalG

Diamond
Wye configuration. 110/208V

The unit is belt drive, and even has a 24V circuit for keeping the batteries up ;-)

Question is, How much "unbalanced" 110 V would be safe to pull from a single leg ???

The lead out wires look good for 30 amps. But... the question remains ;

Comments

You need more information. Some of these generators are simply overspeeded induction motors that lock on to the line. They need a power line to synchronize to. Others depend on other means to produce 60 cycles. Without know which type it is, there is no point guessing.

Bill

Winpower seems to be Winco. The 3 phase units are stand alone, with field etc, as far as I can see.

That being the case, you can probably pull near full power, BUT it may lead to excess vibration. Winco are normally good units, in my experience.

Pulling severely unbalanced power usually causes excess vibration. Electrically, full power is fine.

Winpower seems to be Winco. The 3 phase units are stand alone, with field etc, as far as I can see.

That being the case, you can probably pull near full power, BUT it may lead to excess vibration. Winco are normally good units, in my experience.

Pulling severely unbalanced power usually causes excess vibration. Electrically, full power is fine.

Thanks for the response JST

The Winpower units are well conceived. Lots of iron behind every watt. ;-)

9100. There is no issues with "line synchronization. As mentioned , The unit is wye configuration. I did leave out the internally provided DC excitation detail.

But..That's a WinPower common feature..

Back