What's new
What's new

Phase and Load Protection Options (RPC to Sub-panel)

Pvo

Plastic
I picked up a Cedarburg 7.5hp RPC and am in the process of working out the wiring details. I have been doing some research and am interested in learning more about what options may be present to protect the machines from an RPC failure, either single phasing or complete power failure. In the linked thread below there is some discussion on load contactors. To my knowledge these devices don't detect phase drop out?

Phase Converter/Sub Panel Thread

Can anyone recommend some reasonably priced options that will protect my machines from power failure and/or single phasing? I am considering wiring the phase converter and sub-panel using the backfeed method as described in the linked thread so I would be looking for a device I can hard wire in.

For reference I'm preparing my shop for a 2hp Bridgeport and 3hp lathe. While I'm not too concerned about single phasing or power failure with these machines I am looking ahead and anticipating that these issues will be more important with a CNC machine.

Thanks in advance for help and suggestions.

Does the Cedarburg have a motor starter contactor? If it does (as any RPC should) then use a common accessory like this overload module (bottom block). Wide adjustment and disconnects a normally closed contact when a over-current or phase loss happens.

DSC_0806.jpg

Back