What's new
What's new

Question on hooking up a VFD

Domodude17

Aluminum
I have a Weg CFW07 VFD. It is a 220v, single phase model which converts to 3 phase. The information on the VFD says it is rated for 2.6 amps, and the motor it will be running is a 220v 3 phase 1/2 hp motor. Anyways, on the circuit board in the VFD, there are 8 terminals. Terminal 1 is marked as the ground, and terminals 2 and 3 are marked line. I know this means the two hot lines coming from the wall. Terminals 4, 5, and 6 are marked "motor", and 8 and 9 are marked "BR" for brake. I dont intend on hooking up a brake at the moment, but i'm not totally sure how to hook up the motor. Does it matter which wire from the motor is hooked up to which terminal? Or does it not matter because they are all one part of the wave function? If it matters, the motor is marked as dual voltage. Thank you!

The motor wires are all the same.

BUT, you may end up with FWD having the motor go backwards. No problem, just swap two of the wires, and FWD will mean what it says.

The brake terminals you just ignore.

The motor wires are all the same.

BUT, you may end up with FWD having the motor go backwards. No problem, just swap two of the wires, and FWD will mean what it says.

The brake terminals you just ignore.

Thanks! I might eventually add a resistor to use as a brake, but definitely not anytime soon

I have a Weg CFW07 VFD. It is a 220v, single phase model which converts to 3 phase. The information on the VFD says it is rated for 2.6 amps, and the motor it will be running is a 220v 3 phase 1/2 hp motor. Anyways, on the circuit board in the VFD, there are 8 terminals. Terminal 1 is marked as the ground, and terminals 2 and 3 are marked line. I know this means the two hot lines coming from the wall. Terminals 4, 5, and 6 are marked "motor", and 8 and 9 are marked "BR" for brake. I dont intend on hooking up a brake at the moment, but i'm not totally sure how to hook up the motor. Does it matter which wire from the motor is hooked up to which terminal? Or does it not matter because they are all one part of the wave function? If it matters, the motor is marked as dual voltage. Thank you!

The dual voltage needs attention. If it's 380/220V just connect all three plates vertically - in delta.

The dual voltage needs attention. If it's 380/220V just connect all three plates vertically - in delta.

No, no, no... Well meaning advice, but the U.S. does not use wye/delta for dual voltage motors. He needs to look at the motor connection diagram on the lable, and confirm the leads in the motor connection box are connected for low voltage.

Dennis

Back