What's new
What's new

Building RPC with Pony start .

Lu47Dan

Plastic
Since the lathe I bought is three phase and I have a surface grinder that is also three phase , I am going to build my own RPC , with with a pony motor to start it . I understand the major wiring of the three phase side of it . What is giving me hell is how to start and stop the pony motor . I am planning on starting the pony and then engaging the belt to spin up the idler , what I need is a remote start/stop/energize station . The RPC will not be inside my shop for now , I have been scratching my head on how to start the motor without having a service disconnect next to the lever to engage the belt . I have a three phase contactor that can be used to power up the idler but where can I find a single phase contactor to start and stop the pony motor ? I have followed some of the links provided in different threads but to no avail :confused: . Could one of you direct me to a site where I could get one ? I have 90% of what I need to build the RPC , I hate to cobble something together when a self contained system would look more professional . Dan

Back