What's new
What's new

Reset Teco 7300cv vfd? Stuck in ES

kngkong

Aluminum
Does anyone know if there is a way to reset my vfd to factory default settings? While hooking up my emergency stop button I remapped the reset parameter. The vfd got a emergency stop signal but since I remapped the reset parameter I'm unable to clear the ES fault.

Any info on either a way to clear the ES fault or restore factory settings would be highly appreciated as I can't run my machine. Cheers.

Man I never mess with things I do not know well... :)

No need to remap anything to hook up an ES.. A parameter change only..

Is is something simple like 15-6 reset mode on page 4-20 here???

http://www.teco.co.uk/drivemanuals/7300CV_Manual(English)V12.pdf

Or 2-07 on page 4-26.

It is almost always a simple thing, not properly input...

Surely a TECO whiz, or a call to tech support will get you straight quickly...

Edit You did power down the VFD, and power it back up of course??

Yeah. Well ummm. I found the multifunction inputs really confusing to figure out, or not figure out in my case. I thought I needed to assign commands to the S terminals so I set 5-05 to 0007 and 5-06 to 0029. Totally user error understanding the manual. So I basically removed the reset command I guess.

Yeah I tried powering down the unit for about 10 minutes and would still come up with the fault when powering up again.

Thanks abarnsley, I see the reset parameter you mention on page 4-20. Unfortunately i can't input any commands while it has the ES fault. I could fix the parameters I changed if I could clear the ES fault it's in.

I think I also went wrong by running S5 to the E stop button and S6 coming back from the button. Should I have been running the 24v com to it and then to where?

I've since removed the Estop switch. Maybe if I reconnected it properly it would clear the fault.

Mess with only 1 advanced parameter change per test.

It is so tempting to make a bunch of changes at a time. Which make troubleshooting a mess :)

I've been on with tech support for the past two days and they're pretty much stumped as to why it's locked up. They don't feel it was something I did. Working on a solution....

I've been on with tech support for the past two days and they're pretty much stumped as to why it's locked up. They don't feel it was something I did. Working on a solution....

That's for the replies. I did end up getting a new drive and everything is working as it should now. No explanation yet. Cheers.

Back