What's new
What's new

Rotary Phase Converter Installation , 3 phase

Adam-Bomb

Plastic
Need help with RPC hookup. Bought used 20 hp . Anybody have CLEAR directions on getting this monster to hum and make my Mill come alive !

If you can show the inside of your phase converter panel then we can help you. We need to be able to see the capacitor arrangement along with the terminals where the wires attach.

Need help with RPC hookup. Bought used 20 hp . Anybody have CLEAR directions on getting this monster to hum and make my Mill come alive !

In your opening message the only words that help us, to help you, are RPC, 20 HP and Mill.

We have no idea what kind or type and brand of Mill. Can you even run your mill on a RPC without blowing up the electronics, if it has any....
What type of RPC, who made it and if you have any documents with it.
Your available power supply and if your breaker box can handle another 70 amp load or if you power company will even allow you to start a 20 HP motor on a line serving other customers.

There are a ton of smart sparkies on this board but not a single one of them is clairvoyant.

A few pictures would even be nice...

Without even the basic information I can promise you I can make your mill "Hum". It may not come alive but will look impressive sitting there sparking and glowing a bright red!

Thank you guys so much for the support . On my way home now to load up pics ... how do I load pics?.. I'm new here but it's been awesome so far . Lots of feedback . It's a Tree 320 journeyman mill cnc with autocon dynapath control .I run a jet 1340 ghb off the 220 50 amp breaker I hooked up for welding . The machine is quite big . The phase converter motor is also large .

We need the info from the RPC dataplate, and the info from the mill dataplate, anyhow.

Thank you guys so much for the support . On my way home now to load up pics ... how do I load pics?.. I'm new here but it's been awesome so far . Lots of feedback . It's a Tree 320 journeyman mill cnc with autocon dynapath control .I run a jet 1340 ghb off the 220 50 amp breaker I hooked up for welding . The machine is quite big . The phase converter motor is also large .

My 20 HP rpc has a 70 amp breaker.. Can you install that also? Do the lights dim when you are welding?

old neighborhood with plenty of power are not the norm.... In the old days 100 amp services for the whole house were large services...

My homemade 20hp RPC hits about 75 Single phase Amps in start up and at idle about 5A. Mine, as set up now can only handle 60 amp circuit, but it's only set up for a 50A circuit(due to plug).

Back