What's new
What's new

temco xr3 phase converter problem

ps22sp

Plastic
i bought temco xr3 phase converter for my printing cutter 3phase ,7years ,running no problem, last week ,i took out two source line 120v , then reinstall, turn on i heard a spark sound turn on cutter, feel power not enough,then turn off,check two source line then turn on , also heard spark,check again , turn on no spark machine running but output power not enough to operate cutter, paper cutter chanllenge 265 hb 3hp, is there any component burned,,,turn on cutter power on sound small not like usually , any advice are welcome .thanks

The TEMco web site is AFU. Their own links fail. May be out of business.

Is that model a rotary?

All the "product guide" stuff was bad. Info is now accessible in the "shop" selection

Anyhow, it is a rotary, so that part is clear.

First thing I would do is check connections, and input voltage. Since it was re-wired, that is the most likely culprit, although they do seem to go out of their way to make it simple

Then if that is OK check input current to the rotary, and see if it is in-line with the idle amp specs (4A)

If that part is good, then check output voltage.

If output voltage is OK, and no other test came up with a problem, then report back here and we'll see.

Back