What's new
What's new

1336F-BRF50 (9A) + 16A 165V Perske spindle?

Oleks

Plastic
I bought used 16A 165V 300Hz 17560 rpm Perske DKNS 1505/2 (asynchronous motor with squirrel cage rotor, as far as I know) and tried to turn it with Allen Bradley 1336f-brf50 drive. The drive immediately shows #41 "UV Short Fault" or #42,43 (UW VW) if I disconnect a winding.

Is this because BRF50 "refuses" to work with such low resistance windings or the motor really shorted?

If first is true - can I trick the drive by connecting windings (wye) via tree 20 Ohm resistors? just need to know if motor not dead.

PS Ohmmeter shows equally for each motor's winding some 0.3 Ohm. and readings are fluctuating a bit when shaft is manually turned

Thanks.

We have an old green Perske spindle and motor that we used as a driver for a high speed generator. I believe we had to use a slow ramp up in speed to avoid the overcurrent fault.

The spindle we have has top speed of about 16,000 rpm or so. I do not remember the model number, but it was much older than any they show on their website. I did find some sort of diagram, because I had to take it apart and replace a noisy bearing.

Hmmm....

Well, the next thing I'd do, is rotate the U,V,W leads by one connection and see if the fault follows... if it does, you really DO have a short.

My BRF50 really isn't that picky, and of course, the start current limitation is adjustable, and it didn't seam to be overly picky, so false fault-outs from low impedance loads haven't been a problem for me...

Thank you guys. You pushed me for more tries and seems combination of my resistors and changing to right settings is working. Up to 209 Hz so far... Then it goes unstable. I will dig that later.

Watch out for a "knee" in the curve of V/Hz in the VFD. Some have an option for a non-linear, or double-slope curve, as well as a straight line relation.

Back