What's new
What's new

What size rpc

John.t.little1

Aluminum
So after the 10hp used rpc I picked up went out I figured id make me a new rpc. I have a lathe and older cnc mill I plan to use the rpc for. Here is pictures of the data plates off each motor. What size motor should I get and caps if I plan to use both at the same time occasionally? Thanks for the help-John
image.jpg Lathe
image.jpg Mill

So I stumbled onto this website because I needed a 5 hp 240 VAC motor (single phase) but found a cheap 7.5 hp 3 phase. Then I started getting carried away and now have an opportunity to buy a 20 hp motor for $100 and was thinking about using it as an idler but then I read something that implied it might be too big, especially for just the one 7.5 hp motor I'd be running. Initially I thought I'd get about 2/3 out of the 7.5 hp motor using a static converter. Starting to think I should pass (for now) on the 20 hp idler. And focus on the 7.5 hp and static converter, which I read could get me 90% of the 7.5 hp if balanced properly. On the other hand, I could just chuck it all and buy a 5 hp 240V single phase motor. Anyway, that's where I am in a week.

Back