What's new
What's new

Wiring for Teco A510-2010-C3

caryd12

Plastic
I am using an A510 drive to run a 5 hp 3 phase motor. I ran 8/3 wire from my panel but I do not see any clear instructions about where the neutral should be landed. The manual also says for single phase input to land wires on L1 and L2 in one place and then says land on L1 and L3 in two other spots. Anybody using this drive or one like it that can help with this?

It does, I’m thinking I just do not hook it up. I should probably disconnect it in the breaker box too

I just wired up a Teco FM50 and had the same question. After a lot of research, I found that you do not hook up the neutral and you connect the two hot leads to termainals 1 & 3. They suggest 1&3 simply because it puts the leads farther apart and lease likely to short together (by touching each other). Any of the (3) terminals can actually be used for single phase input. Got this info from Factorymation help team.

Don't know if it applies to your model, but I'm guessing it might.

Good luck,
Ted

The FM50 will take either single phase or three phase. The A510-2010-C3 will take only three phase. If you had the model A510-2010-C it would take either single or three phase. I believe it shows this on page 2-1 of the A510 manual

Back