What's new
What's new

OT: Buck boost transformer info needed.

david n

Diamond
I posted this down in the Transformer forum also..........................might get more attention up here.

I need to drop my voltage from 240(more like 248) to 220. 3ph open delta. Machine requires 63 amps @ 220 volts. I really don't know much about them. Where to start? TIA

Call a local electric supply house that sells transformers. Tell them what you want to do and they can tell you what equipment would do it. Get them all the details like if it's going to be wye to delta or delta to delta. Also, does it need to be isolation, etc.

V

I posted this down in the Transformer forum also..........................might get more attention up here.

I need to drop my voltage from 240(more like 248) to 220. 3ph open delta. Machine requires 63 amps @ 220 volts. I really don't know much about them. Where to start? TIA

I use a Dongan Buck/Boost on the input side of my Perfect Phase. No complaints and their tech support was very helpful to size it properly for me. FWIW I drop 247 to 220.

You want to drop about 24 volts. At 63 amps.
The Buck/Boost only needs to handle the difference in power..
About 1.5 KW

You need a 120/240 to 12/24 volt transformer. Times two.

Here is a link to the McMaster Catalog page.
McMaster-Carr

They should even have a wiring diagram if you dig a little bit.

I see they only list up to a 1000 VA transformer...
However a little exploring will fill you with a rich compost of knowledge.

Indeed the mcmaster carr blurb in the catalog is very informative. You'll probably
understand exactly what you need if you give it a read-through.

Back