What's new
What's new

PhasePerfect in the UK?

kenavatara

Plastic
Is anybody using a Phase Perfect in the UK?

It looks like a nice alternative to the standard Rotary's. Thinking of ordering but would like the comfort factor of a UK reference, before committing the $5k!

Ken

I haven't seen any sign of the Phase Perfect in the UK and I use a 23kVA Danfoss inverter/VFD to provide 415V three phase in my workshop.

However, have you consulted with your power distribution company about the cost of converting to three phase? Not the electricity suppliers, the guys who are responsible for the cables and substations, link here. It no-longer makes sense for me, given the deal I got on the inverter, but it would have made sense compared with the price of a new one.

PS, hang around here, there is a lot of useful information and helpful folk on PM (a few miserable bastards as well). :D

Thanks Mark,

Yes had a quote from the DNO, it was close to 7k for an upgrade to a full 3 phase supply, further complicated by an expectation that we will be moving from the current site in the next 18 months or so.

Are you using the VFD to drive multiple loads via a distribution board ... never heard of that with a VFD?

Are you using the VFD to drive multiple loads via a distribution board ... never heard of that with a VFD?

Yes I am, that's exactly what happens with a Phase perfect, with the exception that it's only generating one phase instead of all three. This particular VFD claims that there are no limits to load switching downstream of the VFD and the listed price is in the same ballpark as the PhasePerfects. The only thing to look out for is that you will probably want a 240-425V transformer upstream of the PhasePerfect and (obviously) one that's rated for that voltage. Other than that, it should be a portable solution. If your next location has proper 3-phase installed you can probably recover your investment by selling the PhasePerfect box!

Back