What's new
What's new

Used 10hp Phase Perfect value/price

37fiat

Plastic
Just wondering if anyone may have an idea what the realistic value of a used PT-330 Phase Perfect may be.

I'm in Canada, and have an opportunity to buy a used 10hp model that is 3 years old and has 4000 - 6000 hours on it from an industrial environment. (8 hours per day x 3 years, approximately) Apparently still in excellent working condition, as the shop recently had 3 phase brought in from the power company.
The seller was asking $3000 CAD, but is willing to let it go for $2800 CAD + shipping. He also had it on ebay a few times for $3000 USD.

Considering a brand new one is $3290 USD, I thought his asking price was high and offered him $2500, which he refused.

Am I being unreasonable, or is that unit overpriced? What should one expect to pay for a unit with those hours on it, and do the hours matter?

Considering where you are, I would spend the 15% extra and get the new one that comes with a warranty and support. With the used one you are on your own.

If the used one was available for half of new cost, that might be different but the seller is asking too much for a well used item IMO.

Erik

Working in New Brunswick but weekends on Prince Edward Island

Back