What's new
What's new

Wiring Weiler LZ 280 help

ClintonH

Plastic
My dad just traded a Weiler LZ 280 off of a guy and wants me to refinish/rebuilt with him. Everything on the machine is in German so I was wondering if anyone here could help me out with a few questions to get us going.
The motor seems like it should be in working order but I don't know if it can be used here with our voltages (Canada). Here's a picture of the information plate and inside the connection box. Can this be wired to use 220 volt? If it can how would I wire it? Thanks.

3408919015_581ac0bf29_o.jpg

3408919103_3d08e81678_o.jpg

Clinton

Can this be wired to use 220 volt?
According to the nameplate, it will run on either 220v, or 380v. I believe Canada is 60 Hz, so the 50 Hz motor will run at 1.2X normal speed. There should be a high/low volt wiring diagram somewhere on the motor, or inside the terminal box.

-------------
Barry Milton

According to the nameplate, it will run on either 220v, or 380v. I believe Canada is 60 Hz, so the 50 Hz motor will run at 1.2X normal speed. There should be a high/low volt wiring diagram somewhere on the motor, or inside the terminal box.

-------------
Barry Milton

Thanks but no I couldn't find any kind of diagram any where on the motor except the name plate, that's way the question. :) Any suggestion on where a guy could look for such info? Thanks again.

Clinton

120-9e.gif

120-9f.gif

I believe your motor is 220v Delta, or 380v Wye. The terminals are labeled U V W X Y Z, which may correspond to T1 T2 T3 T4 T5 T6. If so:

T1 = U

T2 = V

T3 = W

T4 = X

T5 = Y

T6 = Z

That means U + Z, V + X, W + Y for 220v.

--------------
Barry Milton

Star-Delta wiring

All you need to do is move the three bars from horizontal to vertical (there should be 3 bars, normally one of the horizontals is really 2 on top of each other).
This applies if the nameplate is stamped 220/380 V like yours.
Frequency is another thing but I understand small motors don't really care, except speed increases - good for ventilation, though. Should think a quality product like Weiler can handle 60 Hz. Congratulations!
fusker

Back