What's new
What's new

Looking for 1-A W&S

razu

Plastic
Primary use for this machine is to drill and tap plates that are usually burn outs and not very square so turret works out well.
We tap up 3" 4 pitch through 3" thick plate.
I will try and not Type a book here but include pertanent information.

We are currently using a 1-A M-470 and it does the job well FOR NOW! It has issues.
I have removed the cross slide carriage(didnt use and dont need)to rob a pinion shaft that busted in saddle apron and now I have headstock gear issues.

Our set up is two jaw 12" sp self cenering power chuck that has different button locations for different size plates, We use a chart for laborer/operators to change over with ease.

We looked at a 2-A that was local (located in Ohio) and considered adapter plates etc. so i could stay with current setup but the machines traverse is not working and not sure what would be involved in repairing that.
Thanks for reading
Rusty

Hey Rusty, i realize this is a very old post but i am having a hard time finding much info on the 1-A. I have one that i found the cross slide and square turret cause ours was missing. I cant figure out what the brass screw nut attaches to on the carriage.I have attached a few images. I have the manual but cant find anything in any of the diagrams. Far shot but any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Larry

squareturret.jpg
squareturret2.jpg

Back