What's new
What's new

Warner Swasey universal cnc alarm code 2056 HELP HELP !

grumpy377

Plastic
Hi.
My name is Casey.

The problem I am having is a alarm code of 2056 sda door open at machine start up I can not find anything in the manual about this code can any one help me ????

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME AND EFFORTS.

This is a model 5940 with a fanuc gn 6 controller

here are some more numbers m47-0416-001 470416-840-307 i will try to get more info thank you for your help

Hello Casey.
The 5940 is known as the 315 Universal.Reason I asked as W&S called most of the later WSC6 and 8 models Universal turning machines too, so it`s easy to discuss the wrong model.
There are three doors which are monitored by the control.
The left sliding door,the right sliding door and the cover over the hydraulics at the front of the machine.
According to my manual,error 2056 is nothing to do with the doors but means that a chuck open command has been given but the control has not seen the signal to say it has happened within the time set in the control.The control allows 2.5 seconds for this to happen.
If this is the case,it`s either the proximity switch on the end of the spindle needing set or it`s faulty or the drawtube just never reached it.
My manual is for a machine with the Siemens 6TB control which is a Fanuc 6TB with a different name on the door and harks back to when Siemens and Fanuc were pals.
If you have the electrical diagrams it`s possible to look up the diagnostics and check the state of the proximity switches.
I have two of these machines and a load of manuals.Will check to see if the error codes vary.

Mark,
Thank you so much I have very little info for this machine.
where can I find the switches on the spindle ?? I want you to know I really appreciate all your efforts.

Hey mark ,

Also this is how this all started I had a lubrication fault that was from the trabon unit I rebuilt the trabon and then the 2056 sda fault came up could this be some thing to do with it ?????

Could well be something to do with lube level or pressure,Casey.Try shorting out the level switch on the lube and momentarily short the pressure switch as I think it should not be made all the time.
I`m not sure if the American machines have the proximity switches for chuck open and close.If you have them they will be on the coolant catcher on the extreme left end of the spindle.I`ve got a feeling they are not on the drawings.
One of the other problems with the older controls is that message space was limited and sometimes several different faults can trigger the same message and in reality the message has nothing to do with the fault.
I`ll have a look at the drawings tomorrow.
These drawings should still be available from the MAG Group.Used to be about $75 from G&L when they owned W&S.

Was thinking about this today and if the Fanuc uses different error codes it might be that the SDA bit of your error message stands for "Side door alarm"
That is the cover at the left hand end over the spindle and hydraulic manifold.There is a proximity switch there that used to sometimes give us a fault on one of our machines.I think it is built into a shot bolt or plunger.
My drawings which are for the machine with the 6T have the dgn numbers on them.If you want I could give you a couple to look at to see if they are the same.

Hi Mark,

All of the door switches are working they will show open and closed.
I thought that sda may have been spindle drive access thats why I went there but that was not it ????

THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL YOUR HELP.
THIS WILL BE SOMETHING SMALL I CAN FEEL IT - NOW JUST HAVE TO FIND IT
Would you have a ladder chart for this machine ??? a friend said if he had that he could track down the code and delet it from the ladder ??? I think thats what he called it ladder or PLC ??

Don`t have the ladder for that one but I know a man who might have.
Does the machine start and go to the reference screen?
Do you have to reference X and Z,then open and close chuck?
Or does it fault straight away?

Casey,I`m struggling to get more info for you.Spoke to a guy today who was chief electrical service engineer with W&S in the UK.Was with them when the Uni`s were designed.Problem is the control,this machine was designed in Halifax,England.One of the first built was sent to America for W&S to evaluate.They came up with certain suggestions which W&S,Halifax incorporated in to the machine and building commenced.There were only about one hundred of these machines built in the UK and a lot less in the States.They were basically a stop gap design to hold onto some market share until a better design could be worked out.Unfortunately W&S didn`t last long enough.Unfortunate also because these machines were a big hit with companies on oilfield work,they were a big hit,especially in Scotland where most of that work was.80hp spindles and ten ton weight gives a machine that can rip metal off.
The British machines were offered with either the Siemens 6T control or a GE 1050.My guy has no info at all on the control or electrics of the American built machines,so he is a dead end.
You`re going to have to do this the hard way.
Did you say you had electrical drawings?
If you think the fault is the lube unit can you not short out or give the control false signals to rule that out.
I`m inclined to think of servo drive or servo motor fault,especially when that`s as far as you get usually.
What servo drive does it have?

Hi Friends,

The universal is still manufactured in India as WSU-12 by Miven Machine Tools to the same spex as the original. They would be of some help.

Address :
Miven Machine Tools Limited
Tarihal Industrial Area, Tarihal, Hubli, Karnataka - 580026. INDIA
Telephone No. :
91 - 0836 - 2212221 / 2212224
Fax No. :
91 - 0836 - 2310411

donno about their website, I have 1 of their machines. if required i can co-ordinate and get your message to them.

Cheers

Back