What's new
What's new

37 1/2" sanding discs

Try Freeman Manuufacturing. It won't be in the catalogue but I suspect they can get it for you, try to get an outside salesman. The order desk price will be higher, if you do have to speak to the order desk talk with Tammy as she is much more helpful.

The other option is to find a local Klingspor or VSM dealer. Likely anyone will be making them up for you.

Don't get PSA backed ones unless there is no other option. Buy the Master disk cement from Freeman, It is a latex contact cement and takes some time to dry and you only get one try to apply it. But when it comes time to remove the disk it comes off cleanly. If you do mess up putting it on you can rub the cement off the sander and disc and start over.

Most abrasive jobbers will make whatever you need. 37" width belts are common for widebelt sanders, so if you can accept the 1/4" radius loss it should be easy to source. That said, they make the material up to at least 54" wide, and I've seen wider such as the machine Hearne Hardwoods runs.

37" x 75" commodity belts run right around $40 each. For ballpark guesstimate ideas.

There are a lot of suppliers out there, if one turns you down, ask for a suggestion for another source.

smt

I second Klingspor.
Great company, I just call and the stuff comes in the mail a few days later.
I use a lot of the alumina zirconia, as I mostly work with stainless, and they will make it to fit any sander I have.
you can choose from a lot of different types of abrasive, and their quality is very good.
get a commercial account, and you get very good pricing, too.

When I originally tried to buy Klingspor for a stroke sander maybe 20 yrs ago, i got so tired of them jacking me around that I went to a converter and never looked back. The jobber had the belts in my hand over night to get a job done while for the next few weeks Klingspor would call me back still trying to figure out where/how/what to serve me.

Later, I have been aware of some branded products that can't be kept on the shelves or the splice tape falls off if not used within a year or 2. Built in obsolescence. No problems at all with the convertor belts.

It may depend on what you are using them for, and how often.

Paper belts are great for flatness. I run them on the stroke sander for non-contour work; have not tried on the Ramco widebelt.

smt

Talk to the 3M Customer Abrasive Methods Center (CAM Center) - it's located at 3M's headquarters in Maplewood, MN. They'll be able to tell you if 3M can supply the disc

Back