What's new
What's new

Another Gerstner copy of an o31

Very nice work and joinery. The last box I made I did a raised panel front door as the earlier ones used. I wish I would have done all of them with one........Bob

Bob, Your tool boxes are the best I've seen, I didn't look at them and think he should have made raised panels.
I also like your work style: "just pencil doodles on note paper and I faked it as I went along" That's my style!

I actually prefer flat panel doors because my style leans more toward modern design but I was trying to copy as close to an original o31 that I have. I found that copying something is - in some ways - more difficult than building your own design.

Bob, Your tool boxes are the best I've seen, I didn't look at them and think he should have made raised panels.
I also like your work style: "just pencil doodles on note paper and I faked it as I went along" That's my style!

I actually prefer flat panel doors because my style leans more toward modern design but I was trying to copy as close to an original o31 that I have. I found that copying something is - in some ways - more difficult than building your own design.

Thank you for your kind remarks. I envy your joinery precision.
Faking it as you go not only lets me change things as the piece develops, a lot of times those changes end up being a better looking finished piece. Sometimes a piece of wood's size, grain, or color dictated where it went or even a dimension change to make it work. ......bob

Back