What's new
What's new

Insulating glass panes - favorite supplier?

I used to spec and buy insulated glass in the DC metro area for custom fanlights and such that we built.
Moved to upstate NY and kind of fell away from it over the past couple decades, suppliers gone, etc. The industry seems to have consolidated as well. No more "made in the local glass shop"

Does anyone have a favorite supplier?

Need a dozen in the 8-1/2" x 14-1/2" x 1/2" total thickness made with 1/8" thick clear tempered each side, and another dozen slightly bigger same spec.

Received one recommendation with multiple "agree"s, but they have been bought out by a bigger entity (Hirschmann) which may or may not sell bare glass units (I will call them tomorrow).

any others you have experience with?

smt

You might try these people, they mention dual pane glass on their website: Home - Peninsula Glass Company

Now, I do realize they are all the way across the country from you... But... When I needed some arch head tempered panes for some cabinet doors, they were cheaper than any body else in the country, bar none. Since their web site says they guarantee no breakage, I figured why am I begging these local shops to do it, when I'm going to waste a couple hours driving to pick it up (the shops weren't THAT local) when I can order and forget about it until it shows up on my doorstep, and I have to say, they have the packaging for shipment down to a science.

No business interest in the outfit, just a satisfied customer.

Dennis

Back