What's new
What's new

Need belt for Wards Powr Kraft wood lathe

sailorfred

Plastic
Father has Powr Kraft "14- inch motorized lathe" Model# PHS2025A, S/N 2360OBY. Need a drive belt MX 1115. It is a flat, notched belt. Any help/advise would be appreciated.

Sailorfred - Welcome. We hope you stick around and contribute.

Please read the machiner guidelines the owner has posted:

http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb/general/machinery-discussion-guidelines-137724/

We are a little bit looser here on the wood forum as to what machines can be discussed. But as i often post, if the suject mentions some homeshop machine, you need to include content (pictures) of professional product output.

That said, it sounds like you are looking for a Gilmer (type) belt. If you already called MW & they do not not stock it as a replacement part, then either google the number you posted until a supplier comes up on Amazon, or take it to your local industrial power transmission jobber/supply house (industrial sheaves, belts, bearings, and supplies, not automotive) & have them cross reference it.

smt

Thanks for the reply. When Dad read me the lathe model and belt p/n over the phone one or both us transposed numbers. It's amazing what you can find when you input the correct info! I found belts on ebay and ordered two. Thanks again.

Back