What's new
What's new

Walker Turner 16" 1948 Band Saw. How to Grease the Geared Motor

TheFees

Plastic
I am wondering how to grease the geared motor on my band saw. A 1948 16" Walker Turner. I pulled two of the bolts and it is obvious that it is in fact grease that is used because they had some throughout the bolt and was especially wet on the deepest part.
I am concerned about pulling off the pulley as you can see in one of the photos there is a chip taken out of the outer pulley already.
There is an allen plug in the top of the housing. Is that possibly an inlet possibility for using a special tip grease gun? Or on the other hand can I use one of the open bolt holes after removing a bolt.
Taking it off and packing it full of grease is an option, but if I can pack it without having to fight with the pulley would be ideal. My pulley puller is in my toolbox which is marooned under a pile of construction stuff right now.
Please see the photos and let me know what my best course of action is. Thank you.
1) So photo number 1 is the cover. Is there a bolt I can remove and pack it full of grease through the bolt hole?
2) Photo number two is the same housing from the top with an allen bolt in it. Does that hold some internal or is that an access port to pump the housing full of grease?
Sorry for the stupid questions. Thanks ahead of time.

Attachments

• IMG_20180324_140102.jpg
    IMG_20180324_140102.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG_20180324_141302.jpg
    IMG_20180324_141302.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 279

Back