Tools to help you stay productive during the pandemic
We look forward to the end of this crisis and getting back to normal very soon. In the meantime, we recommend continuing to work on your knowledge and skills. Below is a list of resources, classes, courses and tips that will help metalworkers make the most of this difficult period and become even more essential.
RESOURCES FROM MANUFACTURING ASSOCIATIONS
Click on the links below to learn how major associations in the metalworking industry are responding to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Association for Manufacturing Excellence (AME)
- Association for Manufacturing Technology (AMT)
- Association of Equipment Manufacturers (AEM)
- Fabricators & Manufacturers Association (FMA)
- National Association of Manufacturers (NAM)
- National Tooling & Machining Association (NTMA)
- Precision Machined Products Association (PMPA)
- Precision Metalforming Association (PMA)
- Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME)
E-LEARNING CLASSES AND COURSES
Don’t let the pandemic stop you from learning. The following list includes the most relevant online educational resources for metalworkers and fabricators.
- American Welding Society
- Autodesk University
- Esprit Educational Program
- FANUC Training
- G-Code Tutor – Use code METALWORKINGSTRONG to receive 30% off!
- GibbsCAM Training
- Haas Certification Program
- Mastercam University – Free courses until June 30, 2020!
- Sandvik Coromant Metal Cutting E-Learning
- SolidWorks eCourses
- Stratasys Academy
- Tooling U-SME – Request up to three classes in your free trial!
- Universal Robots Training
Don’t feel like committing to an online course? Books are a great way to extend your knowledge and improve your skills. Here are some of our favorites.
- CNC Programming Books
- GD&T Books
- High Speed Machining Books
- Industrial Automation Books
- Lathe Books
- Machine Shop Math Books
- Machine Tool Practices Books
- Must-Have Machining Books
- Tool & Die Making Books
- Welding Books
PRODUCTIVITY TIPS AND TRICKS
Looking for ideas to stay productive while practicing social distancing? Here’s a list of tips and tricks that will keep you occupied.
- 5 Fundamental Tools to Keep Your Machine Shop Organized
- 5 Organization Tips to Maximize Job Shop Efficiency
- How to Keep Your Tools and Machines Rust-Free
- How to Select and Maintain Machine Coolant
- Safety Tips for Machine Shops
- Speeding Up G-Code Programming with Canned Cycles
- Tips to Improve Your CNC Programming Skills
- Tips to Select and Maintain Your Files
- Video: Screw Cutting on a CNC Lathe Using G76 Code
- And more!
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Connect with your peers to express your opinion or hear what other metalworkers are doing to help in this these unprecedented times.