What's new
What's new

Sand Blasting Systtems........lets see YOURS.

We are looking into upgrading our Trinco cabinets and the 3 companies we are talking to all think 60 psi (using pressure pots, not siphon fed) is enough to do a good heavy blast with 24 grit alminum oxide to our iron castings.

That makes me wonder what the difference may be between a given pressure in a pressure pot system and in a siphon system, and how many lbs of media are delivered and at what velocity. My cabinet is at least 2-3 times as effective at 100 psi as at 60 psi.

I guess it would, but 70 MPH uses more gas than 25 MPH too, right?

Doesn't 160PSI use more electricity than 80 or 100?
In my area where electric rates are exorbitant, it would be a factor.
With my portable pressure pot I would use a larger nozzle, but only 80-90 psi
and white sandblasting sand.

That makes me wonder what the difference may be between a given pressure in a pressure pot system and in a siphon system, and how many lbs of media are delivered and at what velocity. My cabinet is at least 2-3 times as effective at 100 psi as at 60 psi.

It's obvious that the media in a pressure system hits harder because it has "feet" of hose to accelerate up to equal or near equal the velocity of the air.
In a siphon system, the media is introduced into the air stream only several inches behind the nozzle exit point. The media doesn't have time to 'get up to speed' in that case. I think the increased performance you're seeing with higher pressure in the siphon system could also be realized at a lower pressure by going to a pressure pot system.

I have an Apollo Infinity Blast cabinet (IFY-4), before this i had a Guyson Euroblast cabinet

Great machine for blasting all parts from alloy wheels to old rusty parts

Attachments

• Apollo-IFY-4-Media-Blast-Cabinet.jpg
    Apollo-IFY-4-Media-Blast-Cabinet.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 0

Back