What's new
What's new

For Sale Large Lot of Stuff! Measure Equip/End mills/Cutting tools ect OBO

I have dealt with him before, bought a lot of endmills from him a little over 2yrs ago. IIRC everything went smooth. I know the endmills were as advertised. YMMV but I'd put him on my good to go list.
Since you dealt with this guy do you have an address?

I too treat others the way I would like to be treated, unfortunately, some do not live by that simple tenet. The point, PayPal offers some level of protection from unscrupulous individuals. Had I sent a moneyorder to the individual for the items I purchased, I would have little if any recourse.

Try filing a complaint with the U.S. Postal Service for mail fraud, it would be an effort in futility. Nothing gives you 100% protection but you expect people to trust you enough to send a moneyorder or check, is your level of trust the same in them? If so, send them your goods while you wait for the moneyorder or check to arrive.

There is always risk, PayPal reduces it to an acceptable level their political stance notwithstanding.

Point taken.

I suppose there is always some level of risk. If this site had some kind of transaction feedback thread would that help? I accepted personal checks for a long time (naive I suppose) and I had to eat a few "insufficient funds" charges from my bank. Hard to digest. Greed is a terrible thing and it is killing our community and country.

I am not saying that is the case here. Perhaps it is an oversite. Benefit of doubt. I suppose I still have faith in the human race...
and no, I don't want to buy a bridge !

Point taken.

I suppose there is always some level of risk. If this site had some kind of transaction feedback thread would that help? I accepted personal checks for a long time (naive I suppose) and I had to eat a few "insufficient funds" charges from my bank. Hard to digest. Greed is a terrible thing and it is killing our community and country.

I am not saying that is the case here. Perhaps it is an oversite. Benefit of doubt. I suppose I still have faith in the human race...
and no, I don't want to buy a bridge !

I appreciate your high ideals and for the most part share them. I have purchased many items and sold a few and the overwhelming majority went smoothly, however, it's a bitter pill when they don't. I sent the man my money and that was the last I heard from him. As someone posted, short of being in the hospital, surely he could send us a message and let us know where we stand.

I bought endmills from neschme. had the same problem. filed complaint with paypal and he finally came thru. it took way to long. slowed me down from dealing with people across the country with out a phone number, address or name to be able to contact the person with. jonathan hayes

I also bought a bunch of old endmills from Neschne. There was a delay of months and I was concerned about lost funds. He did come thru in the end thiugh. If interested, search my name (lucky7) and Neschne and his address is listed in one of the posts.

L7

It's a shame lucky7 and j r heyes didn't post their problems with him sooner. FWIW, I'm sorry I vouched for him. Guess I just got lucky when I dealt with him. Seems like long delays are a pattern with him. Hopefully you get what you paid for sooner, rather than later.

from lucky7's old post,
"Neschne" is:

Nick Schneider
13908 NE 63rd St.
Vancouver WA

When I first sent him a PM his profile said California.
Then he changed it to Oregon.
Now he has a Washington address??????????????? Don
Found a phone # 360-882-2527

No matter what the reason the guy is repeating a pattern of not delivering, he should get kicked off PM.

Is a transaction feed back thread with a search feature a possible consideration for both the buyer and seller?

This happening just once is too many times.

Is a transaction feed back thread with a search feature a possible consideration for both the buyer and seller?

This happening just once is too many times.

Since this is a free service, I don't think it would be fair to burden the powers at be. When I am thinking of buying something, and usually all the screaming deals are snatched up in a matter of minutes I just search the seller's post history. If it is someone who just seems to come here to sell mostly and not contribute, I don't buy and if something seems off I won't buy either. Oddly enough on this guy I was originally interested but passed, the red flag to me was having way too much surplus tooling for sale for someone claiming to just have a hobby shop. Maybe my assumptions on how he acquired it were wrong but it managed to save me the grief the other buyers are having.

Still not a word from this guy on my end or from paypal!
Even though his information is posted (may not be up to date or accurate); Should I have to call and beg him to fulfill his obligation?
Dan

A phone call might solve the issue

Assuming he will answer the phone, I seriously doubt it... I have not heard anything from him or PayPal either, although, my credfit card company issued a temporary credit for the full amount pending the investigation.

Assuming he will answer the phone, I seriously doubt it... I have not heard anything from him or PayPal either, although, my credfit card company issued a temporary credit for the full amount pending the investigation.

jbacc
I too thought about contacting the credit card company, part was paid with money in the paypal account and the balance paid with the credit card. Something that came to mind is that paypal has access to a bank account of mine and could draw on it to off-set any refund that way with a penalty too boot? I don't know if I'm over thinking this or not and wish Nick Schneider (if that is really his name?) would simply deliver the end mills or authorize the refund.
Dan

PS The saga continues

jbacc
I too thought about contacting the credit card company, part was paid with money in the paypal account and the balance paid with the credit card. Something that came to mind is that paypal has access to a bank account of mine and could draw on it to off-set any refund that way with a penalty too boot? I don't know if I'm over thinking this or not and wish Nick Schneider (if that is really his name?) would simply deliver the end mills or authorize the refund.
Dan

PayPal is also tied to one of my bank accounts, I don't think they can just go and take the funds to offset any decision in my favor from the credit card company. I would file a dispute with credit card issuer as well as I did. I have no doubt we will get refunds, it's just a matter of when and as I said, I already have a temporary credit from card issuer which I believe will eventually be permanent.

Back