What's new
What's new

Hoping this subforum keeps getting better and better .. Hello from new moderator

QED

They haven't the least klew what they are up to.

They try for a Kalifornikyah Klassik '32 Ford 3-window, but are actually building themselves an Edsel hearse.

Presuming Pelosi is re-elected, 2020, presuming the Dims still hold the house 2020, d'you really think she'll be elected Speaker? It isn't really a hereditary orifice.

One year to go, then humiliated to a lesser role by her own weary party, rather!

And that's her BEST shot? Too dumb to retire, or she'd have done it before her mind and face went walkabout, claimed hero status for her legacy, rather than fool.

See also Clan Clinton, Hell-bent on drawing attention of her own former party. Getting what she wished-for, just not in a favourable way.

Biden is being slowly slid under the bus, rather than thrown.

Any bets Obama is next for his old mates to savage?

SOMEBODY will have to be blamed other than themselves. Ever and always. It's in the DNA, same as it is in yours. Were it otherwise than ever and always "the other guy's fault"?

No "let's we blame others" core attraction = no Donkey (shagging) Party at all.

Did you miss the hint that Brennan and Clapper might be wanted as material witnesses, rather than defendents?

"Just Whom" could they be expected to rat-out? The mailroom clerks, perhaps?

Interesting times. Always up for a circus, the looter-lie-bore-alls are.

But the quality surely has gone downhill since Truman's day.

We didn't march in the streets. We took the "useful" routes.

I DO recall Dad getting pissed-off at the sugar rationing scandal and buying easily five hundred pounds in 100 pound sacks, one for each of the family. It had never actually been in shortage - given German bombers couldn't reach Cuba nor the US mainland, either one.

:popcorn:

patience, grasshopper, the truth will come out.

the stable genius is on the defense, actually, he is the only one on his own defense...where are Suckssolow and Goohliagni? You cannot get one republican on the record defending the stable genius, all they do is process complaints.

dee
;-D

patience, grasshopper, the truth will come out.
"Truth"? Not bloody likely, either side. Not off the back of over fifty years observing "Metro DC".

OTOH, the looter-lie-bore-alls are about to be hoist by one or several of their own petards.

- Cease trying to impeach DJT = bad news, their side, 2020 election.

- Impeach DJT, fail to remove him = bad news, their side, 2020 election.

- Impeach DJT, remove him from office = bad news, their side, 2020 election.

- WIN the 2020 election, any candidate showing or not-yet showing?

The worst news of all for their party. They haven't got even cold shit for brains. They'd not be able to DELIVER a single damned ONE of their fairy tale promises, even if they did have.

SMARTEST thing they could have done? Saved their money, sought MORE money, given it a miss, taken a token loss on-the cheap, both money and rancor, prepared better for winning 2024.

Meanwhile, loudly proclaimed "we HATE this f**ker, but we are going to put all that aside, rise above HIS failings, NOT add worse ones of our own, work, and work HARD with OTHER Ripofflicans to pass needed bipartisan legislation. And Oh YES! Brag about what we've accomplished, too!

They never even tried. First quote in the muddle-yah, Pelosi gets the gavel?

"We have to stop the Republicans!" "Stopped" themselves far worse, diving down the rabbit-hole.

They f**ked-up their best and only shot at coming out the "adults in the room", smelling like roses by comparison, and winning even more seats - maybe even the Senate?

Suicidal f**kwits.

DJT called it, if only by pure accident.

"Third rate" Pelosi is.

Sam Rayburn or Tip O'neill, either one, wudda clocked one victory right after another. Count on THAT!

But noooo.. "the new normal" for Dims is no longer to WIN.

WHINE, rather. Forever, even. Blame-game is less WORK, and rowdy noise is not just "free" - it is actually subsidized and finds legions of volunteer fools.

No point in "hating on" the Democratic Party.

Far more fair to shed a tear over the decomposing remains of what had once been honest holders of their particular candle-flame, like it's colour or never.

Last edited:
Not sure what you mean by "slower".

It certainly has become less volatile and if that means "slower" then I'm all for slow.

Too much had become "fanatically for" or "fanatically against". What could have been discussed became argued.

I have been told it is all of that and much worse. The other forums are not in any way like this one. This one is unattended and undirected.

I have been told it is all of that and much worse. The other forums are not in any way like this one. This one is unattended and undirected.

True, this sub forum is different from all others. IMO though it is better than under the previous moderator.

A moderator's job should be to moderate and preferably as discreetly as possible. Much the same as a good referee goes unnoticed as much as possible.

Imagine you were moderator of this forum. What would you do to make it what you want?

It would be much better if this were opened up. What is up with Schif that he makes up the phone call. It is just really bad politics.

So you want potentially classified testimony opened up?

why?

trumpski praising his minions storming into a sealed, swept room with their cell phones

moron

there will be public testimony, it is part of the process

the Republican process

and what exactly did Schiff make up? I mean, that trumpski has not already lied about

So you want potentially classified testimony opened up?

why?

trumpski praising his minions storming into a sealed, swept room with their cell phones

moron

the Republican process

and what exactly did Schiff make up? I mean, that trumpski has not already lied about

Yes I think it is better open Gustafson.

You had to ask?

"Ban Gordon B. Clarke permanently" sound like a good start to a saner forum? Or at least a breath of fresh air?

That could have legs...

No real harm in it.

You could still READ it and mentally masturbate, same as ever, after all.

Careful, sir. I'm sure there are many who would want to "Ban thermite permanently" (or others) so it is best not to go down that road. IMO the new moderator is a huge improvement and does not try to censor those he disagrees with.

Well I think all add something here even though it might just be adding bs.
I do not have much problem at all reading the opinions of members. At the end of the day we are after all fellow members.

the Republican process

No there won't.
The dems would have to actually vote to impeach....they won't do that.
They would loose too many seats in the next election.

So this way they get to make up the rules as they go down the "inquiry" road.

The Republicans actually voted to impeach Bill. This allowed for the defense to have a say in the process, now they do not.

Stop lying about the process please.

and what exactly did Schiff make up?

YouTube

Careful, sir. I'm sure there are many who would want to "Ban thermite permanently" (or others) so it is best not to go down that road. IMO the new moderator is a huge improvement and does not try to censor those he disagrees with.

I haven't been bothered in the least about bans, so far. More than one.

I do not expect to ever BE bothered by it - threat or reality, either one.

So "careful"? My ass.

If it really DID bother me?

I'd do the same as Milacron did all those long years ago, and dust-off some dormant rack space and a server or three.

Might just possibly have a head-start on that score, ever it came to pass, given those WERE "my business" rather than machine-tool trading?

So far, I'm far happier to just tag along. Good crowd here. Very!

So long as we don't start thinking - or acting - as if this "virtual reality" actually matters more than our real lives.

Which it does never.

:D

This forum is getting slower.

Aye. Positive move, not negative, though - given what it had become.

The "hate on Trump" and "hate on Brexit" industries have sucked all of the amusing idiots out of the room to the kool-aid cauldron, "Jonestown", Guyana-style.

Too few left to toy with.

Oh well. Similar to vee-belts, rubber tires, and condoms, one supposes?

Nothing cheap, fun, nor easy to acquire ever did last forever....

:(

I did dribble drink from my nose at reading this... :D

Well NOW we know who has been leaving the spots on the billiards table in the staff lounge!

Parliament should maybe take it up as a competitive snort, try for entries in the Gum-ass Book of Whirled Records, they can't do anything else any more USEFUL!

Ghost Pepper Sauce in 151-proof Hudson's Bay "overproof" Rum ought to open their eyes, or they haven't got a gender-neutral hair left on their collective undersides worth the waste of a common kitchen match!

"Motivation!" God must have loved it if only 'coz she kept far too much of it for her own private use!

Imagine you were moderator of this forum. What would you do to make it what you want?

There's your problem.

The moderator isn't there to "make" anything. They should be there to watch the happiness unfold, that's it.

Small steering input every once in a while is all that should be required.

If a moderator makes something happen that wasn't organic, they no longer have a forum, they have a congregation.

JMO

You mean the impeachment inquiry held under Republican rules

get informed

Now I don't mind the complaining, it's the blubbering and whining that I object to most of all.
Time for the repubs to man up and grow a pair instead of behaving like spoiled brats.

Now I will miss Rudy. The fun factor there has become *insane* lately.

Seriously, trump won't last forever. What will the gop do once he's gone? The entire party is
about defending him. What's the exit strategy there - pray for another orange spray-tan grab-em-by-the-pussy
flaming asshole?

If a moderator makes something happen that wasn't organic, they no longer have a forum, they have a congregation.

Spot-on. Not just here, PM in general, a "self policing" community is what works best.

Not a new concept either. It has worked for a VERY long time:

Shi Huang Di and clan were among those who implemented it well.

Extract from Wiki:
Following a visit to Qin in 264 BC, the Confucian philosopher Xun Kuang noted that Qin society was:

"simple and unsophisticated" and that their people stood in awe of their officials, but their society was completely devoid of Confucian literati.

Though disliked by many Confucians of its time for being:

"dangerously lacking in Confucian scholars,"

Confucian Xun Kuang wrote of the later Qin that:

"its topographical features are inherently advantageous," and that its

"'manifold natural resources gave it remarkable inherent strength. Its people were unspoiled and exceedingly deferential; its officers unfailingly respectful, earnest, reverential, loyal, and trustworthy; and its high officials public-spirited, intelligent, and assiduous in the execution of the duties of their position.

Its courts and bureaus functioned without delays and with such smoothness that it was as if there were no government at all."

Dogpatch by the Sea enjoys Schaublins and Deckels instead of a Great Wall and a terracotta army, but still.. at its best when it seems there were no government at all.

None NEEDED, y'see.

:)

Back