What's new
What's new

CNC job shop needed in the area of Des Plaines, Illinois

TDegenhart

Diamond
I have a customer located in Des Plaines, Ill, that is looking for a CNC job shop. He is currently dealing with a shop west of me that is very slow on delivery. The work that I have seen so far is comparatively simple, quantities has been in 20 to 50 pieces. Deliveries are expected to quick, 2-4 weeks. My shop has a two axis that may or may not satisfy his needs.

If you have CNC capacity and can do quick turn arounds, I will forward your shop name to my customer who then follow up.

Tom

With smaller parts it used to be location did not matter much, now with the Covid mess it sure does. Who the hell knows when a USPS, Fedex or UPS shipment will arrive. A two week lead time can get ate up by shipping alone, even if it was only going a couple hundred miles. You probably should give an idea of part size and whether lathe or mill, you could get bombed with replies from people who can't make the needed parts.

I have a customer located in Des Plaines, Ill, that is looking for a CNC job shop. He is currently dealing with a shop west of me that is very slow on delivery. The work that I have seen so far is comparatively simple, quantities has been in 20 to 50 pieces. Deliveries are expected to quick, 2-4 weeks. My shop has a two axis that may or may not satisfy his needs.

If you have CNC capacity and can do quick turn arounds, I will forward your shop name to my customer who then follow up.

Tom

I have a good guy in Bensenville. About 10 min away. I private messaged you. Thank you.

With smaller parts it used to be location did not matter much, now with the Covid mess it sure does. Who the hell knows when a USPS, Fedex or UPS shipment will arrive. A two week lead time can get ate up by shipping alone, even if it was only going a couple hundred miles. You probably should give an idea of part size and whether lathe or mill, you could get bombed with replies from people who can't make the needed parts.

I don't ship alot, or that often, but I recently have shipped a few things, couple before Christmas and one just last week. Everything showed up on time or before. And although we don't have snow, I did ship something to northern IN and it was one that got there a day early, all USPS.

Agree. The reason for the location is that my customer is in Des plaines and would do personal pickups and deliveries.

Tom

More on the cnc job shop

I did not and can not go into more detail as I haven't seen any prints. The parts I have seen so far would each fit in a shoe box. Materials were carbon steel and stainless steel. Any further inquiries should be addressed to

Scott Sell
Prairie Tool & Supply INC
1585 Whitcomb Ave
Des Plaines, Illinois 60018
ph 847-813-9553
fax 847-376-8926
email Scott Sell ([email protected])

Tom

My family torque wrench mfg business is in Des Plaines. We’re not a job shop but I had to do a double take when I actually saw modest old “Des Plaines” in a topic header! You say the “s” in “Des”....it’s not silent like the “s” in “Des” in “Des Moines.” Haha! I’ll reach out to them with some references.

My family torque wrench mfg business is in Des Plaines. We’re not a job shop but I had to do a double take when I actually saw modest old “Des Plaines” in a topic header! You say the “s” in “Des”....it’s not silent like the “s” in “Des” in “Des Moines.” Haha! I’ll reach out to them with some references.

I think I have one of your torque wrenches! And having lived in the Chicago area most of my life, I always thought it was weird how we pronounce (or mispronounce) Des Plaines.

Quick tangent:
Do you say the "s" in Plaines as well? It is not said in "Moines". So it should sound like "Da Moyne" when pronounced correctly.

Quick tangent:
Do you say the "s" in Plaines as well? It is not said in "Moines". So it should sound like "Da Moyne" when pronounced correctly.

Haha, you're right...we say BOTH "S's"....deS plaineS...accent is on "plaines"....so "des PLAINES", not "DES plaines". :D It's close to "Elk Grove" where a lot of companies in, say, Modern Machinshop are located. There's a Tornos office in here somewhere.

Back