What's new
What's new

Will you require employees to get covid vacine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many governments feel obligated to care for the children left behind by unvacinated paerents who left them to die homeless in the street after they get evicted. Of course all those parentless children living on the streets make good recruits for pimps and gangs.
The logical government choice would be to euthenise the children of the unvacinted dead. Darwin you know?
Bill D

Many governments feel obligated to care for the children left behind by unvacinated paerents who left them to die homeless in the street after they get evicted. Of course all those parentless children living on the streets make good recruits for pimps and gangs.
The logical government choice would be to euthenise the children of the unvacinted dead. Darwin you know?
Bill D

Christ. Im hoping copious amounts of alcohol were consumed whilst composing that Bill :skep:

When only taking the very the old one can do that end of life thing and some shit kills you so not such a big deal.
But now it seems to have changed course.
Went after the easy fruit picking first but now seems to get more serious in the war.
It has no brain yet works as if it did.
The one in a hundred million thousand chances for a very bad mutation. Ever bought a lottery ticket hoping it would work?
Bob

Bill D

Hopefully that's just an attempt at satire.

If it isn't you are one sick mother-grabber.

"children left behind by unvacinated paerents who left them to die homeless in the street after they get evicted"

????? Where on earth is that happening?

Left behind by un-vaccinated parents? You seem to be laboring under the impression that vaccines are 100% effective, or that a virus will have a 100% kill rate among those not vaccinated. Both are wrong. In the USA currently some 1-2% of those diagnosed with "Covid" die, most of them quite elderly with serious health problems or younger with chronic conditions that make them vulnerable to many illnesses that are usually not fatal to most people.

Bill D

Some are taking comments like this as the writer's feeling of what should be done. I took it as expression of what some despotic governments might do. It does not happen often but I have seen some children interviewed on TV that have lost both parents to C19. Hopefully they have an aunt and uncle or grandparents that can raise them.

When vaccinating children against childhood diseases a lot of members here were a lot harsher on what should be done to the antivaxer parents. Back in the 80s when my son was that age, we vaccinated him against tetnus and a couple of others but not DPT as the DPT at that time was having some bad reactions.

All said people have a free choice on whether to vaccinate or not. I think the cat is out of the bag with this C19 and it will never fully go away. How bad it continues in the future will be determined by the number immune to it. That city in Brazil where their variant started had a 70% infected population and the disease was still raging. It will take a higher percentage vaccinated to really control this thing.

Quote "The one in a hundred million thousand chances for a very bad mutation. Ever bought a lottery ticket hoping it would work?
Bob"
You know that hundreds of millions have gotten this thing and that some animals like minks have supported very high rates of mutations? The odds that one case will mutate into something much worse are very small but look at the numbers of people infected. When a mink farm gets one infected they destroy all of them RIGHT now.

If you do not think the virus can get worse with a lot higher mortality look at what happened with the Spanish influenza and MERS.

Nope, won't require myself or my lady (only employees) of our little shop to get the vaccine. LOL. I'm a machinist who turned RN (so is she), who both have experience in ICU, ER, and Med/Surg. We are both travel RNs who work float pool and clinical resource. For those of you that don't know what that means; we are qualified to work any unit in the hospital, and do so. We fill in the staffing gaps. We both have extensive experience working with Covid-19+ patients.

I have news for you guys. Most of the nursing staff as well as Doctors are NOT getting the vaccine. I guess we're all stupid? Or perhaps it's because we go by what we see with our own eyes vs. what we hear in the media? I think so. This is a common trend throughout healthcare staff. I'm sure you've seen the articles.

Also, one other tidbit. The majority of hospitalizations for Covid-19 are for "potential deterioration"; due to old age/co-morbidities/etc, not for actual respiratory distress. Most are asymptomatic, some on a couple/few liters nasal canula, some on Hi-Flo NC, a few require intubation. The vast majority recover and are discharged.

I have news for you guys. Most of the nursing staff as well as Doctors are NOT getting the vaccine. I guess we're all stupid? Or perhaps it's because we go by what we see with our own eyes vs. what we hear in the media? I think so. This is a common trend throughout healthcare staff.

My wife works in healthcare as well, and can confirm that observation.

I have news for you guys. Most of the nursing staff as well as Doctors are NOT getting the vaccine. I guess we're all stupid? .

This so confusing as Doctors in friends and family and such I know 100% say get the vaccine. But you say this not true.
So I am left with trusting you on the internet or lifelong friends and family.
If what you are saying is true then a lot of people I have trusted for 60+ years are lying to me and not not sure how to process that.
My sister in law a RN, got cancer detected early, refused Chemo. Would not listen and went on some vitamin scam thing that I just screamed at but she was a nurse and bound to it to the end of any talking.
Not great results.
This her choice and this your choice as you are the expert.

Which brings me back to who knows and what are the upside and what are the downside risks of the vaccine.
Do you believe that the vaccine will kill us in the end?
If you think of no help does it do more long term harm than not taking it?
Is this some sort of long term poison? You see it as bad and harmful?
My wife spends a lot of time on Facebook and the internet and tells me getting the shot means one will die in 7 to 14 months.
If this true there is going to be very serious reduction in the population and those left will be living in a very different world than ever recently known.
Bob

This so confusing as Doctors in friends and family and such I know 100% say get the vaccine. But you say this not true.
So I am left with trusting you on the internet or lifelong friends and family.
If what you are saying is true then a lot of people I have trusted for 60+ years are lying to me and not not sure how to process that.
My sister in law a RN, got cancer detected early, refused Chemo. Would not listen and went on some vitamin scam thing that I just screamed at but she was a nurse and bound to it to the end of any talking.
Not great results.
This her choice and this your choice as you are the expert.

Which brings me back to who knows and what are the upside and what are the downside risks of the vaccine.
Do you believe that the vaccine will kill us in the end?
If you think of no help does it do more long term harm than not taking it?
Is this some sort of poison? You see it as bad and harmful?

Bob

To start, I am sorry about your SIL. That choice was hers; she made it, and dealt with it accordingly. True grit......Can't knock it....Sorry.

Secondly, trust who you like. My experiences may vary vastly from another's experience. All I can state is a testament to what I have seen in the facilities I have worked in recently(Hopkins/Baltimore and Vanderbilt/Nashville).

There are no answers to your questions regarding the vaccine, which are the main reasons why most healthcare workers I know won't be taking it, including myself.

There are no answers to your questions regarding the vaccine, which are the main reasons why most healthcare workers I know won't be taking it, including myself.

This article from late 2020 indicates almost 3000 US medical workers died from Covid-related illness in 2020.

More Than 2,900 Health Care Workers Died This Year — And the Government Barely Kept Track | Kaiser Health News

This article from March 2021 indicates more than 50% of the health care workers queried have gotten the vaccine, with ~2/3 who work in hospitals having done so:

KFF/Post Survey of Frontline Health Care Workers Finds Nearly Half Remain Unvaccinated | KFF

The lowest percentage to get the vaccine are the "lower level" caregivers (not to excessively diminish their work, but...) who work in the homes of patients.

So to your point - you may be seeing low uptake rates in your sphere, but among those who work in hospitals 2/3rds is a pretty decent take. And I wonder if your suspicion/hesitancy/whatever extends to older-line vaccines like for polio and MMR?

My mom had (has) polio. I saw every day [EVERY DAY!] how much that disease screwed her over, her and many tens of thousands of her cohort before the development of reliable vaccines. It was, frankly, amazing that she was able to have kids at all, but if nothing else that lady is a fighter.

From that experience, and from knowing how pernicious and malignant the anti-vax movement has become, I'm afraid I don't, and never will, share your fear of vaccines. They are an amazing arrow in the medical quiver, and I'll eagerly await my turn under the needle when it comes.

You are welcome to not get the vaccines. You're also welcome to not avail yourself of other aspects of medical care if you fear it so much. More for the rest of us, thanks...

This article from late 2020 indicates almost 3000 US medical workers died from Covid-related illness in 2020.

More Than 2,900 Health Care Workers Died This Year — And the Government Barely Kept Track | Kaiser Health News

Considering how much exposure we have to this Virus, that is an extremely low number. Healthcare workers are not "dropping like flies". Try googling how many RNs, Drs, CNAs, RTs/etc work in the hospital setting. Simple math dictates that death number hardly reaches even a small fraction of one percent. Any articles that show how much more exposure we have vs. the average citizen? Now that would be an interesting article.

This article from March 2021 indicates more than 50% of the health care workers queried have gotten the vaccine, with ~2/3 who work in hospitals having done so:

KFF/Post Survey of Frontline Health Care Workers Finds Nearly Half Remain Unvaccinated | KFF

The lowest percentage to get the vaccine are the "lower level" caregivers (not to excessively diminish their work, but...) who work in the homes of patients.

I can't speak to this, I work in a hospital setting.

So to your point - you may be seeing low uptake rates in your sphere, but among those who work in hospitals 2/3rds is a pretty decent take. And I wonder if your suspicion/hesitancy/whatever extends to older-line vaccines like for polio and MMR?

True, I can only comment on the happenings of my own work environment, and not the rest of the US.

I have no qualms with older tried/true/tested (thoroughly) vaccines. I have gotten them all.

My mom had (has) polio. I saw every day [EVERY DAY!] how much that disease screwed her over, her and many tens of thousands of her cohort before the development of reliable vaccines. It was, frankly, amazing that she was able to have kids at all, but if nothing else that lady is a fighter.

From that experience, and from knowing how pernicious and malignant the anti-vax movement has become, I'm afraid I don't, and never will, share your fear of vaccines. They are an amazing arrow in the medical quiver, and I'll eagerly await my turn under the needle when it comes.

I have no fear of thoroughly tested vaccines; just one that was shoved down our throats. In the long run it won't be effective anyway. We are already seeing folks contracting alternate strains of C19 who were previously vaccinated.

You are welcome to not get the vaccines. You're also welcome to not avail yourself of other aspects of medical care if you fear it so much. More for the rest of us, thanks...

Thankfully most hospitals themselves do not share your sentiment as they are not mandating their workers to get the vaccine (a handful are); only wear the appropriate PPE. If one happens to be hospitalized for something else other than C19, there is a good chance many of the staff taking care of that person are not vaccinated and very well may have taken care of C19 patients that same week on a different shift. Crazy huh? This is the norm all over the country. That I know.

Considering how much exposure we have to this Virus, that is an extremely low number. Healthcare workers are not "dropping like flies". Try googling how many RNs, Drs, CNAs, RTs/etc work in the hospital setting. Simple math dictates that death number hardly reaches even a small fraction of one percent.

Got it. Simple math. Until it's your sister. Your dad. Your child. Your friend.

But then, a bloodless, ultra-rational and informed person like yourself would just shrug your shoulders and say "luck of the draw".

You do you. I hope none of your associates get the disease.

My appointment for the first shot should be made today.

Good for me, yes?

Got it. Simple math. Until it's your sister. Your dad. Your child. Your friend.

My appointment for the first shot should be made today.

Good for me, yes?

Good for you Milland.

Another member here has a little bit of a cold attitude towards those dying of C19. He works in a hospital as a technician and can walk through the Covid floor and say to himself you, you, and you are going to die and these over here will probably make it. The ones that are not going to make it probably contributed to it by having diabetes or being over weight maybe both. I guess at some point you could start thinking that Covid did not kill them but the underlying condition caused it. People like that need to take another empathy pill and think if these people had not contracted C19 they may have had 5, 10, or 20 years of happy productive life ahead of them.

Like Wick Craft, AS (that other fellow members initials) has not contracted Covid even when his daughters living at home caught it. Got a theory that those working in a cloud of viral particles take in micro amounts of the virus every day and build up immunity with out ever developing the disease.

We see anecdotal evidence every day about the effectiveness of the vaccines. Look at Michigan the number of older people that got vaccinated and are now getting sick are in decline but the numbers of stupid young people that took of their masks and partied before getting vaccinated are increasing.

Hi Fred,

Thanks, and the appointment for the first shot is set for this Saturday. Whew!

I view folks who are downplaying the critical importance of the vaccines as little better (the same?) as Q'ers. They've got the inside scoop on the Intergalactic Conspiracy, and the rest of us are just naive fools.

Yeah. I grew out of listening to random provocateurs on the Internet about the same time that I met my first...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back