What's new
What's new

GP Precision Machine & Repair

I thought that looked decent for 7018, then went back and read the 120V flux core part. Yikes.

I stick welded all 60,000 lbs of W beams and heavy wall tubing in my building. Mostly 7014 because I built in the pouring rain and 7018 would go to shit before I burnt the first rod from the box. 250 syncrowave got a workout for sure.

I am astounded with how strong stick welds are. A lot of bracing I took apart, just the little 1/2" beads had to be cut. They wouldn't break.

I would have gone 6010 or 6011 but a 70 series would have worked too without issue...I have a 120 Lincoln wire feed and while I used to to weld a frame on a s10 I wouldn't use it for structural and that thing can burn .035 fc in good. Sometimes good ol stick welding is the way to go.

I'm sorry, those welds are going to fail in a strong wind. Of all the things to cheap out on you picked the structure.

Are you kiddin? I Cheaped out on EVERYTHING.:D I make do with what I have, like always.

There are hundreds of buildings in this area built way cheaper than this one that have stood for many decades without issue. If in 40 years this building is no longer standing, I will believe you. But until then...:blahblah:

Are you kiddin? I Cheaped out on EVERYTHING.:D I make do with what I have, like always.

There are hundreds of buildings in this area built way cheaper than this one that have stood for many decades without issue. If in 40 years this building is no longer standing, I will believe you. But until then...:blahblah:

Wear a hard hat :)

Back