What's new
What's new

Makino A55e new 2001 90 ATC

Quadjay

Plastic
Fanuc Professional 3 CNC Control w/Color CRT
(Fanuc 16i), Multi-Part Program Storage, (2)
15.7" x 15.7" Pallets w/ .001 Degree Indexing, image4.jpgimage0.jpgimage1.jpgimage3.jpgimage5.jpg
Heavy Duty 14,000 RPM Cat-40 Spindle, Tool
Life Monitor, Spindle Load Monitor, Rigid
Tapping, Coolant System. Chip Conveyor. image4.jpgimage0.jpgimage1.jpgimage3.jpgimage5.jpgimage4.jpg

4 Axis Machine

Longitudinal Travel (X-Axis) 22.05"

Vertical Travel (Y-Axis) 22.05"

Spindle Travel (Z-Axis) 23.6"

Pallet Dimensions 15.7"x15.7"

Maximum Pallet Load 1100 LBS

Number of Pallets 2

Number of Index Positions 360

Feed Rate, All Axes 3307 IPM

Rapid Traverse, All Axes 3307 IPM

Spindle Horsepower 25 HP

Spindle Speed Range 50 - 14000 RPM

Spindle Taper Cat-40

Number of Tool Stations 90

Selling to make room for new equipment. $35,000 loaded on your truck. Selling with 2 tombstones and multiple tool holders.

Feed Rate, All Axes 3307 IPM

Is that accurate?

I know. I saw that and thought "holy shit!".

First CNC I ever manned (lowly parts swapper) was an A55 (1992/3). And I don't remember it being that fast.
Fun fact, that machine is still to this day sitting in the exact same spot, running the exact same part.
Modern Industries, Erie PA, Bendix big-truck twin-cylinder compressor crank-case.
At least my buddy that still works there (management now) says it is. You can still see it in website pics.

First CNC I ever manned (lowly parts swapper) was an A55 (1992/3). And I don't remember it being that fast.
Fun fact, that machine is still to this day sitting in the exact same spot, running the exact same part.
Modern Industries, Erie PA, Bendix big-truck twin-cylinder compressor crank-case.
At least my buddy that still works there (management now) says it is. You can still see it in website pics.

We send a lot of heat treat work there.

After making that post, and pondering it for a day or two, I can't even fathom how many of those crank-cases that thing has processed.
I don't remember what quota per/shift was? But, it was a decent pile. Maybe 40~50?
It is pretty awesome to think the same machine has been making the same part for 28+ years!
I would love to see the service records!
Do we have any members that work @ Modern that can back up the info I get from my buddy?

After making that post, and pondering it for a day or two, I can't even fathom how many of those crank-cases that thing has processed.
I don't remember what quota per/shift was? But, it was a decent pile. Maybe 40~50?
It is pretty awesome to think the same machine has been making the same part for 28+ years!
I would love to see the service records!
Do we have any members that work @ Modern that can back up the info I get from my buddy?

We have two A55e's next to a new A51, and it's pretty clear to see how the A51 was essentially an exercise in reducing the cost while giving up as little performance as possible. The SAME part / program / tools runs faster on the A55 than the A51 :). (Not accounting for controller advancements that allow things like the magazine door to be programmed to open *just* enough for the length of the tool being changed, or SGI magic, etc.)

Back