What's new
What's new

OT:- 68,195,851 UK Covid-19 Survivors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last Friday I took my youngest to get her drivers permit in Illinois, 3 times she had to show someone working there her birth certificate, social security number, proof of her address. I also had to provide my driver license to them. The way things are going I wonder how much longer it will be before we show proof of getting out covid shots and DNA sample.

My how things have changed, pretty sure, I illegally owned and transferred vehicles back in the day. When I was younger I looked older than I was. I bought my first car when I was 15 and only had a learner's permit. I rode my bike to the DMV, waited in line, transferred it in my name and got a pink slip and registration in the mail. I probably did that half dozen times before I was 18. I bought cars on their last legs and drove them hard, kept them taped together as long as I could. That was back when most cars were shot between 80-100k miles.

Lack of truck drivers appears to be a big issue. With winter not far off which adds to transportation challenges business could be in a real tough spot in the coming months. Gov't leadership seems to be pushing things to a collapse.

Wasn't the DOT going to temporarily extend the work hour allowances for truck drivers due to issues caused by Covid?

Lack of truck drivers appears to be a big issue. With winter not far off which adds to transportation challenges business could be in a real tough spot in the coming months. Gov't leadership seems to be pushing things to a collapse.

Not to mention soaring fuel prices, which are hiting the freight industry hard and will soon trickle down to the consumers as well

I distinctly remember a certain one term president saying that Covid-19 was a Democrat hoax. Now which is it? 100K deaths from Covid or a hoax? Inquiring minds want to know.

I suspect it is whatever it has to be to fit your current story. Alternative facts and all.

100,000 deaths ATTRIBUTED to Covid.

And your memory is distinctly faulty. What he actually said was "The Democrats have weaponized this virus", meaning they were exploiting fear of it for political purposes.

Most likely what you "distinctly remember" is something "reported" in a news broadcast. In other words, FAKE NEWS.

I challenge you to post a link of actual video of Trump saying it was a hoax.

No. The "jabs" are supposedly identical and unchanged to eachother as from day 1.
The "approval" that the Pfizer was given for it's renamed Cominarty version, according to the paperwork is "identical" to the non-name Pfizer.

Although Pfizer were mandated to supply the ingredients to the FDA within a 14 day window following the approval (face about ass) and last time I checked they were over that 14 days and still hadn't submitted the ingredients.

Only difference between Pfizer Covid vaccine and Pfizer Cominarty is legal. The first, which is what most people are still getting, is under an EUA and therefore exempt from lawsuits.

What is your point? Voting is a PITA enough that doing it once is enough.

What mechanism would you use to get 10s of thousands t vote multiple times?

Perhaps I misunderstood your post here:

BS, no proof, just Trump voters for their dead wives.

If I did not misunderstand, then one mechanism I can think of is this.
My older kid had a mail-in ballot sent to her by the city of Philadephia, even though she had re-registered to be a CT resident approx 9 months earlier.
At the same time, the other kid voted in-person in Terre Haute as a registered Indiana resident, but her name was still on the voter list on election day in our hometown.
So, older kid threw away the mail-in ballot and voted in-person in our hometown.
Young kid voted in Terre Haute, and I had her name crossed off the voter list in our hometown.

Do you see where I'm going with this?
Can you see the possibility of voter fraud?

For the record, without a shred of evidence anywhere, I am not in any way in the camp of the Trump's stolen election crowd, so please, DO NOT put me there!
On the other hand, I am ABSOLUTELY, 100% and irrevocably in the camp of requiring a photo ID for in-person voting, and some sort of foolproof method
for mail-in voting. And, until the latter is resolved, I would absolutely ban the practice of mail-in voting.

Perhaps I misunderstood your post here:

If I did not misunderstand, then one mechanism I can think of is this.
My older kid had a mail-in ballot sent to her by the city of Philadephia, even though she had re-registered to be a CT resident approx 9 months earlier.
At the same time, the other kid voted in-person in Terre Haute as a registered Indiana resident, but her name was still on the voter list on election day in our hometown.
So, older kid threw away the mail-in ballot and voted in-person in our hometown.
Young kid voted in Terre Haute, and I had her name crossed off the voter list in our hometown.

Do you see where I'm going with this?
Can you see the possibility of voter fraud?

For the record, without a shred of evidence anywhere, I am not in any way in the camp of the Trump's stolen election crowd, so please, DO NOT put me there!
On the other hand, I am ABSOLUTELY, 100% and irrevocably in the camp of requiring a photo ID for in-person voting, and some sort of foolproof method
for mail-in voting. And, until the latter is resolved, I would absolutely ban the practice of mail-in voting.

I am not against requiring IDs I am just against requiring IDs that cost money or are hard to get. If you could just register online snap a picture of yourself, scan documents that prove that you are who you claim to be and they mail you a photo id for free, sure require that you present a gov issued id for voting. One already has to produce proof of identity for voter registration, they could issue you a free ID as soon as your registration is accepted. Honestly, we already have durable unique IDs for a large percentage of the population. IMEI is unique to each mobile device and the IMEI is tied to the unique subscribers. If you ever signed up for 23 and me or ancestry they have your DNA, so much for the paranoia of the masses. Do you remember Jozsef Attila who wrote "Levegõt"? He would not have imagined the data kept about us by actors known and unknown.

Voter fraud is possible, very unlikely probable, and most likely not worth the effort.

FYI [J?ZSEF ATTILA] LEVEG?T!

No doubt is a financial wizard when it comes to his $3.5 Trillion..."Build Back Better" plan.
"“My Build Back Better Agenda costs zero dollars.”
— Biden, in a tweet, Sept. 25

Meaning that he plans to pay for it with tax increases on the billionaire class of taxpayers. But I didn't expect you to understand that.

My how things have changed, pretty sure, I illegally owned and transferred vehicles back in the day. When I was younger I looked older than I was. I bought my first car when I was 15 and only had a learner's permit. I rode my bike to the DMV, waited in line, transferred it in my name and got a pink slip and registration in the mail. I probably did that half dozen times before I was 18. I bought cars on their last legs and drove them hard, kept them taped together as long as I could. That was back when most cars were shot between 80-100k miles.

I bought my first car when I was 15 too and don't recall it being illegal to do so. It was however illegal for me to drive it without a parent being in the vehicle with me.

Where did you get the idea that you had to be 18 to own a car? Your imagination?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back