What's new
What's new

vaccine mandate

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have no way of really knowing how effective the polio vaccine is because very few of us have ever been exposed to polio.
Now that's exactly backwards ! In fact two kids in my elementary school class did get polio, one girl has a hitch in her giddiup to this day, unless she's since died, and when the sugar cubes came out we all gladly lined up on the front lawn of school to down them.

The reason so few people are exposed to polio today is -- ta-daaa ! -- because the vaccines worked.

In fact we do have way of knowing how effective the polio vaccines were. It's now uncommon. In the fities it was something parents dreaded.

digger doug said:
Or the hospitable could have been proactive, and not political, and treated the people early on, for $3.
What, with ivermectin ? Ventilators, ecmo machines, icu beds don't cost $3, so how could the hospital have dealt with this ? Retroactive vaccine shots ? I got mine months ago, was free, but ??? you lost me with 'what this hospital could have done' that was apolitical.

p.s. Vaccines are not political. All the nonsense surrounding them is not political. It's sheerly stupidity.

So getting the shot will not keep me from getting it, or spreading it, and actually getting it will not keep me from getting it, what is the purpose of the shot? Or testing for it? or not testing people weekly that have had the shot? How much will a weekly test help?

Were that true, then there would be no point, but the vaccine does in most cases prevent infection, in virtually all cases reduces the chance of hospitalization and death, so there is that

How much does weekly testing cost? Do they do that for free on your planet? Are the test results instant?

The vaccines work, period, they are saving lives all over the planet, and all the right wing ratholes that are refusing vaccination people are dying in droves

Texas 7 day average covid deaths? 250 250/ 29 million pop
vaccination rate? 50 percent
Massachusetts 7 day average covid deaths? 13 13/7 million
VAccination rate? 68 percent[over 87 percent have had at least one shot]

WEst Virginia 30 deaths per day, 40 percent vaccinated 30/1.8 million pop

Stupid
Stupid
Stupid

Deaths from vaccinations?

Uhhhh.........yeah, pretty much nil

Now that's exactly backwards ! In fact two kids in my elementary school class did get polio, one girl has a hitch in her giddiup to this day, unless she's since died, and when the sugar cubes came out we all gladly lined up on the front lawn of school to down them.

The reason so few people are exposed to polio today is -- ta-daaa ! -- because the vaccines worked.

In fact we do have way of knowing how effective the polio vaccines were. It's now uncommon. In the fities it was something parents dreaded.

What, with ivermectin ? Ventilators, ecmo machines, icu beds don't cost $3, so how could the hospital have dealt with this ? Retroactive vaccine shots ? I got mine months ago, was free, but ??? you lost me with 'what this hospital could have done' that was apolitical.

p.s. Vaccines are not political. All the nonsense surrounding them is not political. It's sheerly stupidity.

I guess you've not been reading, just lobbing.

so that means what?
Oh, zero

I am not fan of mandates, and it is sad that stupid people. led by you, won't get vaccinated to save the lives of others

Were that true, then there would be no point, but the vaccine does in most cases prevent infection, in virtually all cases reduces the chance of hospitalization and death, so there is that

How much does weekly testing cost? Do they do that for free on your planet? Are the test results instant?

The vaccines work, period, they are saving lives all over the planet, and all the right wing ratholes that are refusing vaccination people are dying in droves

Texas 7 day average covid deaths? 250 250/ 29 million pop
vaccination rate? 50 percent
Massachusetts 7 day average covid deaths? 13 13/7 million
VAccination rate? 68 percent[over 87 percent have had at least one shot]

WEst Virginia 30 deaths per day, 40 percent vaccinated 30/1.8 million pop

Stupid
Stupid
Stupid

Deaths from vaccinations?

Uhhhh.........yeah, pretty much nil

First you said get vaxed to save the lives of other people, then you said The vaccines work, period, they are saving lives all over the planet, and all the right wing ratholes that are refusing vaccination people are dying in droves. So which is it? Do they work and you will not get infected by unvaxed people, or does everyone need to get vaxed to save the lives of others? If it works and you have it, what I choose to do will not matter to you.

I guess you've not been reading, just lobbing.
Maybe missed something but yeah, some posts I tend to jump over, they never have anything rational to say, just bullshit. Such as "vaccines don't work". It's too ridiculous.

And no, I'm not a vaccinophile. I'd not get a measles vaccine, getting measles and mumps and chicken pox was no big deal. Never had a flu shot, have had flu many times, have enough brains to avoid contact with people sick with the flu. It's not a giant risk.

But covid is. Maybe not to the extent that polio was, but I've had smallpox shots, polio cubes, all the standard ones for deadly diseases. They work. We know they work. This antivaxx crap is beneath stupid.

chad883 said:
what I choose to do will not matter to you.
Yes it does because this is all math, not "what I want to do" or Republican-Democrat or even science vs superstition. Plain old math.

Too many people like you and the whole house of cards comes crashing down. Society is built upon people being able to do their jobs. Get enough who can't and none of it functions.

Thinking back, it probably would have been better to do nothing and let this run wild ... at least in the US. Y'all are too stupid to deal with it rationally so may as well let all the dumb ones die fast. Get it over with quick, there's too many people on the planet.

Seems like that's what you are doing anyhow, so good on ya. Back to it, knuckledraggers !

First you said get vaxed to save the lives of other people, then you said The vaccines work, period, they are saving lives all over the planet, and all the right wing ratholes that are refusing vaccination people are dying in droves. So which is it? Do they work and you will not get infected by unvaxed people, or does everyone need to get vaxed to save the lives of others? If it works and you have it, what I choose to do will not matter to you.

typical leftist. Can't make a comprehensible argument.Probably resort to name calling in 3..2..1

And no, I'm not a vaccinophile. I'd not get a measles vaccine, getting measles and mumps and chicken pox was no big deal. Never had a flu shot, have had flu many times, have enough brains to avoid contact with people sick with the flu. It's not a giant risk.

Yes it does because this is all math, not "what I want to do" or Republican-Democrat or even science vs superstition. Plain old math.

Too many people like you and the whole house of cards comes crashing down. Society is built upon people being able to do their jobs. Get enough who can't and none of it functions.

Thinking back, it probably would have been better to do nothing and let this run wild ... at least in the US. Y'all are too stupid to deal with it rationally so may as well let all the dumb ones die fast. Get it over with quick, there's too many people on the planet.

Seems like that's what you are doing anyhow, so good on ya. Back to it, knuckledraggers ![/QUOTE]

Again someone contradicting themselves. Covid was no big deal to a vast majority of poeple. So it is fine for you to pick and choose which shots you get, but not everyone else? That should be ridiculous for anyone to say. What gives you the right to pick and choose what you get, but mandate something for everyone when you feel it is right?

The vaccine mandates provoke varying responses. As expected some get pumped up as THEIR COMPANY is made of scientists and the like who are vastly superior to most of us mere mortals. Of course that is probably true of the lab that is the source of this pandemic that has reportedly killed millions so there is that to consider.
In many cases the due date for those not in compliance is down the road a bit and I expect we will see some chaos resulting as employees are terminated and those who remain are pissed off forever creating tension in the workplace.
My personal opinion there is a lot of politics with the aim of expanding power involved in these mandates. Lots of money will me made from the mandates, and many who can least afford it will lose in the process. Small business will become a major casualty.

The vaccine mandates provoke varying responses. As expected some get pumped up as THEIR COMPANY is made of scientists and the like who are vastly superior to most of us mere mortals. Of course that is probably true of the lab that is the source of this pandemic that has reportedly killed millions so there is that to consider.
In many cases the due date for those not in compliance is down the road a bit and I expect we will see some chaos resulting as employees are terminated and those who remain are pissed off forever creating tension in the workplace.
My personal opinion there is a lot of politics with the aim of expanding power involved in these mandates. Lots of money will me made from the mandates, and many who can least afford it will lose in the process. Small business will become a major casualty.

Sounds like a "Civil War" from here.....

Doesn't look very "civil" to me with all the name callers....

Fairly recent history should send the message how marginalizing groups of people based on religion or cultural differences will not turn out well. Ultimately those in political power proceed to slowly but surely exclude and then eliminate those who do not comply. Perhaps the U.S. will experience some level of Balkanization?

Covid was no big deal to a vast majority of poeple.
It's mathematics, poopsy. We have real-world examples of what happens when it is untreated. We're talking between ten and twenty million dead people in the US, with about the same number seriously damaged.

It's been "No big deal" because some measures were taken. With none, you get Italy and New York on a giant scale.

So it is fine for you to pick and choose which shots you get, but not everyone else?
This seems to have escaped your attention, so I'll point out

1) I'm not pick and choosing anything

2) You are already required to get vaccinated for several diseases. You can't go to school without your shots, and for another example, at one time you couldn't get a marriage license without vaccination for rubella. I'm sure there are other examples.

Twenty million damaged and dead people is enough of a risk that public health does merit intervention, at least in my opinion. You are welcome to vote otherwise and potentially die. When it is too late you will find the risk was not minimal after all, e.g. Herman Cain and so many other mentally deficient anti-vaxxers.

What gives you the right to pick and choose what you get, but mandate something for everyone when you feel it is right?
See above. And personally, after seing this stuff come down in two totally different countries ? you get what you deserve.

Just hurry up and do it, is my only wish now. I would like to get out of this shithole as soon as possible.

Thinking back, it probably would have been better to do nothing and let this run wild ... at least in the US. Y'all are too stupid to deal with it rationally so may as well let all the dumb ones die fast.

There are many of us that have not jumped on the crazy train, quit lumping us in with the idiots.

I don't care if people don't get vaxxed, but in-action does have consequences too.
sorryantivaxxer.com | A repository of stories of anti-vaxxers who died or came close to dying of COVID.

No, it is sad that stupid people actually believe that a so-called vaccine that doesn't prevent infection, doesn't reduce the viral load, and doesn't prevent infecting others should be mandatory.

So what is the result if everyone were vaccinated? 100% of the population could get infected, carry a full viral load, and infect others. And when we try to point out the absurdity of that you all say we should get the jabs because it reduces OUR risk of dying. So how does that protect the rest of you?

Not too long ago I had to go in for a pacemaker. Had to wait nearly two months for it, some of that was the cardiologist was unavailable, some was waiting for a bed. When available beds are occupied by the unvacinated, regular hospital patients get turned away. I think there was a guy in Texas, got shot and had to wait for a bed and surgery, waited too long and died.

If everyone had the covid jab, there would be only a small number hospitalized, freeing up space for the regular run of heart attacks, pneumonia cases, vehicle crash victims and so on.

Public health requirements and civic duty should overrule personal freedom concerns (it's worth noting that no one's freedom to choose has been taken in any of this, only people whining about consequences from their choice).

Not too long ago I had to go in for a pacemaker. Had to wait nearly two months for it, some of that was the cardiologist was unavailable, some was waiting for a bed. When available beds are occupied by the unvacinated, regular hospital patients get turned away. I think there was a guy in Texas, got shot and had to wait for a bed and surgery, waited too long and died.

If everyone had the covid jab, there would be only a small number hospitalized, freeing up space for the regular run of heart attacks, pneumonia cases, vehicle crash victims and so on.

Public health requirements and civic duty should overrule personal freedom concerns (it's worth noting that no one's freedom to choose has been taken in any of this, only people whining about consequences from their choice).

So your saying the a person suffering from a heart attack or injured in an accident was turned away from the hospital due to covid patients? You got a pacemaker and your alive so what's the bitch?

Whatever happened to my body my choice?

If you are anything like my age your upper left arm has a little mark where "my body my choice" was left behind many decades ago.
We all accept a range of disease control measures and have been doing so for a very long time.
What is different now?

I'd just say the issue has become another bludgeon in these tiresome political identity wars which are currently so in vogue.

Covid19 will no doubt get added to this list:

https://health.maryland.gov/phpa/OIDEOR/IMMUN/Shared Documents/Min_Vacc_Req 18_19_Final.pdf

Post a link to the story of the gun shot victim whose emergency surgery was put on hold because of Covid patients or I call BS.

We all accept a range of disease control measures and have been doing so for a very long time.
They'd like to see rabies come back as a common problem, too. I mean, who dies from rabies now ?

And while we're at it, why are we spending so much on water treatment ? Let's revive cholera and diphtheria and dysentery. And maybe scarlet fever, whooping cough, the croup, tetanus, hey, when was the last time anyone died from this stuff ? Not a problem for most people. Don't let them totalitarian bastards order you around ! They're just trying to steal your constitutional freedoms !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back