What's new
What's new

Fanuc 16iM - G198 does nothing - 1998 Robodrill

Okay, I can confirm that neither of my robodrills have a working M198. Both of them just sit there.

I have a 97 t14ia that takes SRAM cards, and a 99? t14ibL that uses a flash card (I have a CF card in an adapter).

the a has 9931 01000110 and the b has 11000111

I have checked the parameters that people have suggested here. I have not fully crossreferenced them to the two machines that I know m198 works on yet. I may do that when i get some more time.

I do note that one machine that has m198 working, 6030 is set to a 0.

Okay, I can confirm that neither of my robodrills have a working M198. Both of them just sit there.

I have a 97 t14ia that takes SRAM cards, and a 99? t14ibL that uses a flash card (I have a CF card in an adapter).

the a has 9931 01000110 and the b has 11000111

I have checked the parameters that people have suggested here. I have not fully crossreferenced them to the two machines that I know m198 works on yet. I may do that when i get some more time.

I do note that one machine that has m198 working, 6030 is set to a 0.

Hmm that's interesting, my machine is a T14iAL but it was built in December 1998, I'm hoping it has the ability to M198.

Okay, the T14iA I have is a 1997, the ibL is a 2000

Both of these controls are a 16ia

The 16ia parameter manuals didn't have this listed, but the 16ib manual did.

Does your control have parameter 138? 138 bit 7 = 1 will make it work

our iA does NOT have this parameter, the iB DOES, and it works.

The other machine I was looking at is also an iA, might be a 2000 control as well, with 138.7=1

If you do not have that parameter, I don't think it will work for you.

138.7 MDN The DNC operation function by a memory card is:
0: Disabled.
1: Enabled. (A PCMCIA card attachment is required.)

Parameter 138.7 has been 1 this entire time, still nothing.

let me make sure you have the correct bit on. You probably do, don't be offended if you know which one 7 is.

But you have the far left bit on? 10000000 ?

Now, considering you have the correct bit on but it doesn't function, I wonder if your software version has the parameter listed but it isn't implemented.

I have the same issue with another M98 using a Q address. A 16ia control. parameter 6005 bit 0 is listed, but it does not function on my control.

Link here: Fanuc Nesting Macro Call Question

If yours doesn't function, it might be the same thing. It's "there" but doesn't function yet.

Edit: the control that it works for me on now is a B0F2 0019

the control that doesn't work is a B0F1 0002

Yep, bit 7 is on the far left and bit 0 is on the far right.

My control is B0L1 0001 so I'm not sure if that's a newer version or not.

I'm wondering what my options are at this point and if I can somehow get it to function.

Another thing I noticed is when I have the controller in "Remote" mode for DNC, I don't see any DNC text showing up on the memory card screen when I try to load a DNC program off the card instead of using M198.

Yep, bit 7 is on the far left and bit 0 is on the far right.

My control is B0L1 0001 so I'm not sure if that's a newer version or not.

I'm wondering what my options are at this point and if I can somehow get it to function.

Another thing I noticed is when I have the controller in "Remote" mode for DNC, I don't see any DNC text showing up on the memory card screen when I try to load a DNC program off the card instead of using M198.

It’s been a while since I’ve drip fed or DNC’ed off a memory card. IIRC you don’t see your program in the screen as it’s running.

Back