Mumps
Rubella
Diptheria
Tetanus
Whopping Cough
Hepatitis A
Shingles
etc.

You guys are just too darn tough to need any of those, you believe in herd immunity.

Anti-vaxxers please ignore. You don't need the following immunizations:

Covid
Influenza
Pneumonia
Measles
Mumps
Rubella
Diptheria
Tetanus
Whopping Cough
Hepatitis A
Shingles
etc.

You guys are just too darn tough to need any of those, you believe in herd immunity.
Actually, jr, "herd immunity" is the same no matter how you get there - vaccinations are one way to achieve it. That is the goal. I believe you were intending to make fun of "natural immunity" which in fact does not exist ?

As for the rest, I feel you are falling into the "omigod it's terrble what shall we do ?!" trap. We are all going to die. There are 438,327,918 diseases that can be mortal. (I counted them last week.) Getting vaccinated against every one is not only impossible, it's silly. The ones that are likely to kill you ? Go for it. The ones that are not likely to be a problem ? Not so much.

Friend had a flu shot, came down with Guillain-Barre as a result. After several years of struggle he got back $200,000* from some fund for people who have adverse reactions which nowhere near covers the troubles he's had - and still has. That's anecdotal but I've had the flu many times and survived fine. My dismissal of the flu shot will not affct anyone else, it's already endemic. The flu season this year will be much less of a danger than most years, due to many people (including myself) being more careful about germs.

It's possible to be pro-vaccine while not rushing to stick every needle in the book in your arm. I'll be passing up the flu shot, thank you very much. This is not a black-or-white universe.

But I did have measles, mumps, chicken pox, and all my other shots like us good dogs have.

*Not making this up, proof is online. It's public record, proceedings of a court case, he had to sue to get the money, only took five years what a win for the US medical system ! Yay insurance ! Let's make everything cost five times as much as it should, and take years and years to resolve, just so some twat finance guy can have a town house and a country house and six week vacations in the Bahamas ! Boy are we smart !

Actually, jr, "herd immunity" is the same no matter how you get there -

So what happened to COVID herd immunity? Between those vaccinated plus those recovered we are well beyond what we supposedly needed for herd immunity. Aren’t we? And do we need herd immunity for every variant? That could take a while/ may never get there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

... Between those vaccinated plus those recovered we are well beyond what we supposedly needed for herd immunity. Aren’t we?....
Nope, not yet. We will get there be it the fast or slow way.
The hope of the vaccine was a way to speed up the process with fewer deaths but many do not like it and prefer the long drawn out natural method.

Actually, jr, "herd immunity" is the same no matter how you get there - vaccinations are one way to achieve it. That is the goal. I believe you were intending to make fun of "natural immunity" which in fact does not exist ?

As for the rest, I feel you are falling into the "omigod it's terrble what shall we do ?!" trap. We are all going to die. There are 438,327,918 diseases that can be mortal. (I counted them last week.) Getting vaccinated against every one is not only impossible, it's silly. The ones that are likely to kill you ? Go for it. The ones that are not likely to be a problem ? Not so much.

Friend had a flu shot, came down with Guillain-Barre as a result. After several years of struggle he got back $200,000* from some fund for people who have adverse reactions which nowhere near covers the troubles he's had - and still has. That's anecdotal but I've had the flu many times and survived fine. My dismissal of the flu shot will not affct anyone else, it's already endemic. The flu season this year will be much less of a danger than most years, due to many people (including myself) being more careful about germs.

It's possible to be pro-vaccine while not rushing to stick every needle in the book in your arm. I'll be passing up the flu shot, thank you very much. This is not a black-or-white universe.

But I did have measles, mumps, chicken pox, and all my other shots like us good dogs have.

*Not making this up, proof is online. It's public record, proceedings of a court case, he had to sue to get the money, only took five years what a win for the US medical system ! Yay insurance ! Let's make everything cost five times as much as it should, and take years and years to resolve, just so some twat finance guy can have a town house and a country house and six week vacations in the Bahamas ! Boy are we smart !

Once in a great while, even you actually make a certain amount of sense.

This could be one of those times?

Go figure, com'nism is less debilitating than "TDS"?

I mean ... if even a blind com'nist finds an acorn ever' once in a while....

:D

So what happened to COVID herd immunity? Between those vaccinated plus those recovered we are well beyond what we supposedly needed for herd immunity. Aren’t we? And do we need herd immunity for every variant? That could take a while/ may never get there.

Already THERE if yah had yer Dengue Fever shots back in the '60's. Or survived it, unvaccinated, back when Dengue hit Taiwan or Brazil.

Pure accident, given they are not related, but Brazil discovered that Dengue had the same shape of attach and penetration spikes.

IF.. one had prior immunizations, and/or had developed natural immunity to Dengue and SARS?

Annnnd . had Yellow Fever immunizations ...annnd a few OTHERS?

Tip of a massive "iceberg" of research:

Interacting Epidemics in Amazonian Brazil: Prior Dengue Infection Associated With Increased Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Risk in a Population-Based Cohort Study | Clinical Infectious Diseases | Oxford Academic

Bottom line is that we 'uns were functionally immune to any but MILD reactions to Wuhan Flu before it was ever yet identified, let alone had the "gain of function" tacked onto it ... at US taxpayer expense [1].

"Mild" enough to be less debilitating than Flu. AKA ... not even noticed.

Meanwhile, back in Wuhan...

Give Xi a BIT of credit for diplomacy.

He kep' his propaganda mout' shut when he COULD HAVE SAID..

"But YOU BASTARDS had PAID us to enhance the lethality of it!"
"We got the damned job DONE, too!"
"Why blame CHINA when you got exactly what you paid for?"

[1] Obama administration, then Trump's. But neither of 'em had the least KLEW atall what that conniving con-man Dr. Mengele/Fauci was really up to.

You'd have to ken "the swamp" and the "deep state"?

I'm not anti-vaccine by any means. Many of the vaccines available today are PROVEN to be effective, and are based on solid science as well as decades of results. The polio vaccine is but one example. A home run.

You can't say the same for many others. Moreover, the blind faith put behind the modern vaccines (such as COVID) is scary-stupid. It's as if the 'get a covid vaccine' morons think it's a light switch, ON/OFF situation. It's not. No matter what Brandon or Fowchy tells you.

As for flu shots....I sometimes get one if I think of it. Sometimes I go a few years then realize I haven't had one in a few years.

The concept that a human MUST get vaccines each year is faulty in and of itself. A human needs food, water, and air. All the stuff beyond that - booze, dope, vaccines, vitamins, etc. - is purely optional.

People who would foist upon others their concepts of good conduct - such as vaccines - are jackasses of the highest order. What's funny is we've seen a complete 180 in our lifetimes....it used to be the hippies who were all about freedom and choice ...now they've become The Man. Your average dope-smoking liberal loves nothing more than existing in a false sense of intellectual superiority and clamors to control anyone and everyone. Yuck. Abbie Hoffman is rolling over in his grave, man.

I read People Magazine cover to cover each month. Or each week?

Anyway, the just published their Top 10 Most Stupidester Baby Names of 2021.....they actually visited every hospital, mosh pit, and taxi cab back seat in the entire world and were able to determine there is no more stupiderer baby name than Kamala Biden-Fauci. Apparently, babies given this name are guaranteed to reach a ripe old age without ever working or even thinking for a single minute of their lives.

Keep an eye on your local TV guide for the Oprah special. She's both supportive, and wicked-pissed her name didn't make #1

I'm not anti-vaccine by any means. Many of the vaccines available today are PROVEN to be effective, and are based on solid science as well as decades of results. The polio vaccine is but one example. A home run.

You can't say the same for many others. Moreover, the blind faith put behind the modern vaccines (such as COVID) is scary-stupid. It's as if the 'get a covid vaccine' morons think it's a light switch, ON/OFF situation. It's not. No matter what Brandon or Fowchy tells you.

As for flu shots....I sometimes get one if I think of it. Sometimes I go a few years then realize I haven't had one in a few years.

The concept that a human MUST get vaccines each year is faulty in and of itself. A human needs food, water, and air. All the stuff beyond that - booze, dope, vaccines, vitamins, etc. - is purely optional.

People who would foist upon others their concepts of good conduct - such as vaccines - are jackasses of the highest order. What's funny is we've seen a complete 180 in our lifetimes....it used to be the hippies who were all about freedom and choice ...now they've become The Man. Your average dope-smoking liberal loves nothing more than existing in a false sense of intellectual superiority and clamors to control anyone and everyone. Yuck. Abbie Hoffman is rolling over in his grave, man.

Aye. More than just "rolling over!"

"Turbine Hoffman" the power grid operators in Hell call him, now.

Wait 'til Fauci gits there!

Devil will be able to air-condition the whole domain to such a fierce extent he can "virtue signal" carbon-neutral to his Demonratic Party acolytes by shutting-down the "high sulfur" fires of Hell, making doomed souls suffer as if they wuz confined for an eternity to a winter in Siberia!

Or maybe just summer in San Francisco?

:D

Since i am a volunteer fireman I monitor the dispatch channel all the time when I am in the shop. For a while the calls for Covid like symptoms went way down and symptoms given to EMS have sounded more like a flu. So the flu is out there. The last couple of weeks the Covid calls have been coming back. Again! And again! Like a bad penny it keeps showing up.

Heard something on vaccine effectiveness against omicron. Physer and Moderna are partially effective. Astra Zenica, sinopharm, and sputnik V are very poor. Right now a soggy potato chip is better than none.

"Why blame CHINA when you got exactly what you paid for?"

i work at a shop years ago and a guy there was telling us when he was in nam his body got the clap from one of the local girls not that it was something new but it was how he told the story . that bitch gave me the clap ! reply . she did not give you a god dam thing you payed her for it !and about con-man Dr. Mengele/Fauci death form 1000 cuts would be to good for him

If you study the medical reports...it's stunning how once Covid came about, cases of the flu all but disappeared. Hmmm....

U.K. 2019 flu fatalities 80,000+
U.K. 2020 flu fatalities 0
With no vaccine or intervention, a statistical anomaly, non assigned cause or perhaps somthing different
Perhaps Abe was right, lies, dammed lies and follow the science
Mark

I've never gotten a flu shot. Now I think about it. I know the odds of it targeting the "right" flu is 50/50 at best.
During our family Christmas "discussion" of vaccines one said that he used to always get a free flu shot at work and still got the flu.
Then he quit doing it and did not get the flu.
Armed with this logic he of course is never going to take a covid poke.
Bob

The unwillingness of the vaccine crowd to recognize the immunity garnered from having had Covid is hard to fathom. Even though the vast majority of evidence - scientific evidence - shows that natural immunity is better than a vaccine....they still refuse to acknowledge it and want everyone to get shots.

Another Covid mystery is why no one talks about treatment...it's all about avoidance/prevention. It'd make a ton more sense to not worry about who catches it IF there were a treatment. Got Covid? Oh well. Take two of these pills and you'll be better in a couple days. Instead...they prefer fear and helplessness.

My Parents are 92 and 94 years old and have never had a flu shot and have not had the flu they think in probably 50 years. My wife and I are 58 and 61 and we have never had a flu shot either. The last time either one of us had the flu was at least 20 years ago. Most of our friends and relatives do get the shot every year and some of them still get the flu.

As for COVID, we both were sick with it last January for a few days. We have not had the vaccine and have no intentions of getting it. I don't wear a mask when in public and have been tested four times since January and am still OK. My parents don't want the vaccine either.

As for the rest of the vaccines you get as a child, yes we have had all of them. I am not anti vaccine, but most of the people we know who have gotten really sick with COVID have been vaccinated and still got sick. As for the few people like us we know who are not vaccinated, none have gotten sick.

We are waiting a few years until the vaccine is proven safe and then maybe. If Fauci could go more than a few days of not changing his story or flat out lying maybe we would trust the vaccine. At the moment due to COVID we have a government running around like a chicken with it's head cut off as it does not know what to do and big pharma sees lots of dollar signs hoping that people will need booster shots forever and lobbying congress to make that happen.

It is amazing when you read the news these days, all other causes of death in the world have been eliminated. Even if your 100 years old and are bed ridden and have cancer and multiple other diseases and you die. The news always reports the cause of death as "COVID related" and no one questions it. There was an article I read a few years ago (before COVID existed) that on average 8,000 people die every day in the USA for may different reasons. These 8,000 a day now all died of COVID. It looks like we have now found a cure for cancer!

First, thanks for the reminder.

In general, I believe vaccines are a good idea. In the current Covid 19 situation I am neither totally against nor totally for the vaccine. I understand both sides and my advise is to TALK TO YOUR OWN, PERSONAL DOCTOR ABOUT YOUR OWN, PERSONAL SITUATION. That is exactly what I did. In fact, I not only talked to my GP, but to two other doctors who I see regularly. And, in my, personal case, all three of them advised ME to get the shots. So I did.

But your situation may be different. There are side effects to the vaccines just as there are side effects to every medication, even the OTC ones. Just plain, old aspirin has side effects. As a general statement, I do not think the side effects of the current Covid 19 vaccines are worse than those of Covid 19 itself. IN GENERAL, most people are taking less of a chance with the vaccine than with Covid 19 or any of it's variations. But that is a general statement and it does not apply to everyone.

So my advise is to TALK TO YOUR OWN DOCTOR who knows your health condition. And follow his/her advise or at least give it a lot of consideration.

I recently had a visit with my doctor. He gave me the seasonal flu shot. And he reaffirmed his earlier advise when I asked if I should take the third, booster shot. I hope to get that shot this or next week.

The unwillingness of the vaccine crowd to recognize the immunity garnered from having had Covid is hard to fathom. Even though the vast majority of evidence - scientific evidence - shows that natural immunity is better than a vaccine....they still refuse to acknowledge it and want everyone to get shots.

Another Covid mystery is why no one talks about treatment...it's all about avoidance/prevention. It'd make a ton more sense to not worry about who catches it IF there were a treatment. Got Covid? Oh well. Take two of these pills and you'll be better in a couple days. Instead...they prefer fear and helplessness.

Well, natural immunity may not be all cracked up to the task

Science Brief: SARS-CoV-2 Infection-induced and Vaccine-induced Immunity | CDC

but most of you only write and do not read.

Edit: I pulled out the most relevant part for you to read....
"A more recent analysis of data from a network of 187 hospitals in the United States found that, among more than 7,000 COVID-19–like illness hospitalizations whose prior infection or vaccination occurred 90–179 days beforehand, there was a 5.5 times higher odds of laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 among previously infected patients than among fully vaccinated patients [80]. This study included data on persons more recently infected and/or vaccinated than the studies in the systematic review, though the authors noted one limitation of the design was the potential of missing testing that may have occurred outside of the healthcare network."

and there are treatments but hey take it at your own risk

Pfizer's pill against Covid can be dangerous when taken with other medications, World News | wionews.com

And the alternative stuff pushed by quacks only works anecdotally

vaccines have a lot to do with risk management, statistically, you are better of vaccinated

Medicine is not a political statement, and it is not subject to your opnion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back