4701 Greenfield Ave,
Milwaukee, 53214
Wisconsin,
ADDAX INDUSTRIAL MACHINERY INC | Home

Bill is the one I had a conversation with
They want to come over to inspect one of my machines
I have no problem with that only the conversation is a bit wierd
Their website is also a bit thin
Links to facebook twitter and such do not work No pictures of the machines they have for sale Things like that
I never give a lettre of invitation to first time customers But so far they did not ask for one
Do US citizens need a visa to travel to the EU ??
Do they need a lettre of invitation if they go to inspect a machine?
What is the possible scam?
I told them in my last e-mail that machines do not leave my warehouse before it is payed for in full in irreversable funds

Peter [FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

Hmm. Never heard of them. No we do not need a visa to travel to the EU. No we do not need a letter of invitation.

That address is only a few miles from me I could drive by except I won’t be home for two weeks. Something is wrong with the address though assuming they mean W Greenfield that looks like an address for Rexnord. E Greenfield doesn’t work either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Found one spelling error immediately (a misplaced comma).
Not that it matters in itself really, but may be an indication of fishing attempt.
fusker

Since they want to travel to your country to look at a machine, I don't see the risk for you until the moment they arrive.

Once they arrive, I guess they could stick a gun in your nose and have their way with you, while one of them loads up the machine. But that begs the question, why would they bother doing that when there are plenty of people they could do it to domestically?

Until they start talking money transfers, I wouldn't be too worried.

The domain seems to be just four months old:

Whois Record for AddaXGeInc.com

For a company with "350+ awards win" and in business since 2003 that seems a little young...

Reverse IP shows 3 websites of which 2 are in Lagos Nigeria
Scam for sure
As I told them in my last e-mail that machines do not leave my warehouse before it is payed for in full in irreversable funds I do not expect to hear from them again

Peter

MMmmmm
They came back on me
Basicly said
As it stands, we will not be coming for inspection. We propose 70% by T/T before loading and balance of 30% by L/C after loading.
That is wierd As a L/C costs about a €1000 more or less And that for the 30% balance
Asked them what their conditions were for the L/C

Then they agreed with my 100% terms and asked for a pro forma

I then asked for his full name to put on the pro forma so that it is known who ordered for the machine
And also which machine they wanted as I have 2 of these

They also provided me with a Company Number: 0001213339
Checked that here https://sec.report/CIK/0001213339
Seems legit

Peter

These scams often try to get you to pay for something, like local shipping to the freight agent, some special fee or the like. Once you pay that, they disappear. These scams are common in Australia and lots of people fall for them.

I once had a car advertised for sale online at $7K and decided to play along. The buyer was overseas. I was able to negotiate the price up to $14K before I got bored and gave up. All they wanted was for me to pay the freight so the truck could pick it up. They would pay all the money for the "rare ford mondeo"

Good morning,
I'm in the same situation about this company, how did the sale end? Is it always a fake contact or not?

Good morning,
I'm in the same situation about this company, how did the sale end? Is it always a fake contact or not?

Peter provided me with the business name, address, person to contact, and phone number. The address happened to be very close to me however there is no business with that name at that address. The phone number is a Florida area code, the number is not in service. Draw your own conclusions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back