What's new
What's new

Assuming it’s for a lathe what is it??

Buldog

Plastic
This wonderful contraption came in a box of bits with a lathe I recently I’ve bought nobody seems to know what it is for and how it is used
705F5EE8-DB35-40F3-8556-83FF9D4A00D1.jpg
0C2CE996-2227-444C-8F9E-2A31291580EE.jpg
CE22E9BC-4EBC-49EF-835E-BED70E4391B5.jpg
3A6955B9-A49E-43FF-8E78-1E4C6BF5B610.jpg
3BEC3F3D-DBE2-4DA9-9B15-1E79E7DCEE11.jpg
66CACE48-351C-4FEB-B05B-9A49B96A3BB3.jpg

I can’t seem to get bigger photo on here I do have a video of the thing as well but cat post that too I only have a mobile phone so that may be why

more like here are some crappy two bit photos there sideways there small but hey can you help me ? NO !

Really, a lot of the image problems aren't caused by the poster, they're giving the images to the forum software and it's not following the cues in the images for image rotation. There's also the problem that an image file with the "jpeg" extension is handled differently from one with the "jpg" extension.

Here's an image I snagged from the internet, first in .jpeg and second in .jpg. Note the difference in saved size when you click to expand.

swarf2.jpg

swarf1.jpg

A lot of the images that 'expand' into dinky thumbnails are because the forum code handles the extensions differently. BTW: I understand that Apple saves images as .jpeg and not .jpg

Really, a lot of the image problems aren't caused by the poster, they're giving the images to the forum software and it's not following the cues in the images for image rotation. There's also the problem that an image file with the "jpeg" extension is handled differently from one with the "jpg" extension.

Here's an image I snagged from the internet, first in .jpeg and second in .jpg. Note the difference in saved size when you click to expand.

View attachment 340758

View attachment 340759

A lot of the images that 'expand' into dinky thumbnails are because the forum code handles the extensions differently. BTW: I understand that Apple saves images as .jpeg and not .jpg

how/where to click for "expand"?

I agree better images would be helpful but from what I can see it looks like a radius or ball turning attachment .
The one shown in this may be an Indian clone of the one in the O.P.
https://5.imimg.com/data5/ANDROID/Default/2021/6/PP/IE/EG/3692816/product-jpeg-500x500.jpg
https://www.indiamart.com/proddetail/ball-turning-attachment-for-lathes-23579465648.html
ball turning attachment for lathe - Google Search
cCegQIABAA&oq=ball+turning+attachment+for+lathe&gs_lcp=CgNpbWcQDDIFCAAQgAQyBAgAEEMyBQgAEIAEOgcIIxDvAxAnOgYIABAHEB5Q3hBYkSpg_T1oAHAAeACAAVWIAa0GkgECMTKYAQCgAQGqAQtnd3Mtd2l6LWltZ8ABAQ&sclient=img&ei=rp76Ydle_-HK0w_fn6DYCw&bih=572&biw=907#imgrc=fMfFc3cV5QAqoM
Perhaps someone can save the picture for future reference if this is in fact what it is.
Jim
P.S. This You Tube video link from the add in the second link may have a better chance of lasting and shows how it works.
Bilz U0 Spherical Turning Attachment - YouTube
This may be for a smaller size than the one in the original post.
Another P.S
If it is indeed a Bliz attachment I found this about the company .
There are no photos of this type of attachment but there is one of another radius turning attachment when you scroll 1/2 way down the page.
Bilz Geschichte | BILZ WERKZEUGFABRIK GmbH & Co. KG

Last edited:
Quote Originally Posted by dian View Post
how/where to click for "expand"?

looks like Jim Christie nailed it

You can left-click a photo to single it out, then left-click it again to set it on a black background,
Next, go up to tasks at the top right of your screen and click the three verticle dots.

This will open some tasks..one of which is Zoom..you can Zoom it to very big (to 500% on most computers).

Zoom this way can be handy for small print or most anything you wish to expand/larger.

Yes, you can left click photo #1..and the go to the three dots to enlarge and then go next - next through all the photos.

Photos attached

All,
I offered to post the photos for the OP, so hopefully they will come through now.
As to what it is, I think it was decided to be a radius attachment / ball turner, which I still think is correct.

Tags say Universal-Kugeldrehapparat along with the BILZ Stahlhalter-Support. Seller tag is Machine Shop Equipment, LTD, London.
r5.jpgr4.jpgr3.jpgr1.jpgr2.jpg

Thank you for posting the photos I can’t seem to do it any bigger with a Apple phone

All,
I offered to post the photos for the OP, so hopefully they will come through now.
As to what it is, I think it was decided to be a radius attachment / ball turner, which I still think is correct.

Tags say Universal-Kugeldrehapparat along with the BILZ Stahlhalter-Support. Seller tag is Machine Shop Equipment, LTD, London.
View attachment 341554View attachment 341555View attachment 341556View attachment 341557View attachment 341558

Back