What's new
What's new

Where do you buy your wire?

Ishira

Plastic
Morning folks!
I'm curious, what brand of wires do you all use, and where do you purchase them from? I'm not necessarily dissatisfied with our wire, but I'm always on the hunt for something better.
Any leads on soft to half hard zinc coated wire (.008") would be a bonus!

We currently use:
Hitachi hard/soft brass
Checkered Flag soft zinc coated brass

We use Thermo SD coated wire. Its great wire. We can really bump up the power to it. Threading is phenomenal and gives a great finish. Its very clean, leaves no powder residue. It also can cut up to a 25 degree cut. We used to get it from Belmont but Sodick started selling it so we buy from them.

Bedra MegaCut type T is a great coated 1/2 hard wire. We get it from SST.

It's been a while, but when I ran AGIE machines, I switched from the (OEM recommended) CobraCut A to StammCut - that I bought from Electrodes Inc. It ran clean and gave me the same results as CCA at around half the price (in 2012).

I'm not sure where we get our wire from, we have an internal mro for spare parts. We run uncoated 10 wire, I'm trying to get some 12 wire for faster turnaround on some parts, but for some reason the boss is just dead set on doing it lol.

We get all of our wire from Edm Performance accessories. All zinc coated brass. From .004 to .012. We’ve switched brands of wire many times. They all seem to have quality issues at some point.

Back