What's new
What's new

Where to get a Milling Machine base and table only?

Gos

Aluminum
I'd like to replace my mill with one that has a longer table, and quite frankly a LOT less wear. My Mill Head is almost new, so I'd like to find a base and table to put my newer head on.

Any recommendations for where to pick up a rebuilt or new Bridgeport style mill base and table?
Thanks,
Gos

You are more likely to just find another complete bridgeport than trying to find just the base and table, any machine with just the base and table will likely be warn out.....

I'd like to replace my mill with one that has a longer table, and quite frankly a LOT less wear. My Mill Head is almost new, so I'd like to find a base and table to put my newer head on.

Any recommendations for where to pick up a rebuilt or new Bridgeport style mill base and table?
Thanks,
Gos

Scrap yard, or just find a newer better condition machine.

You could also look for an old horizontal mill and bolt your head on to it. I have an old Garvin with a Bridgeport M head adapted to it.

Check E-Bay, never know what pops up. Last year a dealer had brand new mill minus the head for sale. I think it was an Eisen dealer or GMC ? May still have it.

My friend Rick at A&D told me he has an Allinant Knee saddle and table someone sent him to rebuild. He did and when he was going to send it back that company was gone. He also rebuild Bridgeport's and may have something else.
A & D Machine Tool Rebuilding, Inc. | Machine Tool Rebuilders, Way Machining and Hand Scraping, Turcite and Rulon Application

Good Information. A little late. They scrapped it out over a month ago. Just bad timing on my part, but thanks for the lead.

Gos:
Auctions - saw two listings on Bidspotter in the past couple of months for Bridgeports with the top of the head sitting on the table in southeastern MI. Your posting lists your location as Western WA - bound to be something that pops up in the SeaTac area.

Thanks,
Gos

PM sent.......

Kevin

Back